Pre mixed food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Im wondering if this mix is okay to ADD to my beardies diet? I know store bought food is usually advised against I just saw this and the ingredients looked okay to me? I of course am still feeding mainly bugs as he’s still young. I just thought this may be a way to get him more interested in his greens. I am giving him a mix or collard greens squash and bell pepper everyday and he refused to even lick it with BSFL on top. Feels like such a waste of veggies every day

full

107445-8571014055.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you tried other worms besides the BSFL ? I would get him some super worms and some horn worms see if you get him to eat more salad --- I would say butter worms but I cant find them - or if they do have them they are charging way to much for shipping
Karrie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’ve tried a small wax worm, which he ate on his own but not in the salad. He’s pretty tiny so we haven’t tried super worms yet. No butter worms here either mostly meal worms wax & supers. I even have to travel 3+ hours for the BSFL

What about this mixed blend ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have seen it I am not sure someone else would need to comment on it - I just went to mulberry farms and they have butter worms but they are $12 49 for 25 count - forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus shipping --- I can get them from dubiaroaches 25 for like $8 -- but they are out of stock -- I cant find any anywhere - and what I am finding they are outrageous -- try asking AHBD about the omnivore food - I think its dried and beings it dried I wouldnt recommend it and he may not even eat that either -- have you tried putting wax worms in the salad ? I know those are not good to feed all the time but you can try it --- how big is he? You can get some small super worms from here www.reptilesplus.com they carry small - you can get 50 for $4 plus shipping so I would order something else more a few more things to make it worth your while --
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'm not a fan of dehydrated premixed reptile veg + greens + insect mixes EXCEPT AS AN EMERGENCY BACKUP ( ie you are forced into pandemic hard-lockdown ( and can't leave the home and deliveries are stopped , or there's an national emergency unfolding ( tornado, bushfires, floods, hurricane, icestorm, blizzard, etc ) and you can't safely go out to buy fresh veg + greens or order in live insects.

Better off making your own mix of grated veg ( sweet pot, carrot , etc ) with chopped greens ( peas, bean , greens ) in bulk and freezing in large ice cube making trays , then thawing one to two per day as needed ,and offering LIVE insects.
This way you can make up enough to keep you going for 6 weeks to 2 months at a time.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks ! I actually just changed up the way I was chopping his salads and he went for a few bites yesterday ??

I was using an electric chopper to make sure the pieces were small enough for how tiny he was when we brought him home. I guess it was too fine for him that way. He seemed to prefer it hand chopped ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom