Bearded dragons poop had red spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have a five year old Beardie I recently switched his substrate to crushed walnut shells and have been nervous about impaction I recently noticed he hadn’t gone to the bathroom so I freaked out I looked places and it said give I’m a little bit of prune juice with olive oil and then his poop cane out with some Bright red spots on it I don’t have pictures because I didn’t really find it wearing until later he looks normal is acting normal the temperature is around 90 In the middle this is my first reptile so I’m not experienced I will send in pictures is it happens again.
108571-2617257908.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so please get rid of the walnut shell --- its toxic to dragons - put him on paper towels for now and get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or your local home improvement store --- its cheap easy to clean and insects cant get underneath ---- cut it to the size of your tank -- the red poop if he does it again yes post pics --- your basking temps needs to be higher than 90 it should be 95-110 a gradient heat is good -- and taken w/a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons --- also what are you using for a UVB?????????? Brand and bulb NO coils they are inadequate!!!
You need a long tube fixture -- please tell me so I can help you
Karrie

Beardieman124

Original Poster
Hi it gets to 98 in his basking area I meant it’s 90 in the middle. It’s a55 gallon tank I have zoo med brand for uvb I do use a coil I did not know they weren’t the best I will get a tube today

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector-- a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb - it can go on top of screen or inside tank let me know what you prefer as it has certain distances of where it's placed
Karrie

Beardieman124

Original Poster
So I switched to paper towel for now tomorrow I plan on getting tile do you know can he still be impacted after he went poop once or do I need to give him prune juice again another day

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your tile will need to be cut to tank size w/ a tile cutter unless you can find some to fit in the tank--- and if you can't find some to fit exact then finish it off w/ shelf liner-- some people can't get it cut w/ tile cutter some home depot's will some will not- if he has pooped already he should not be impacted- did you get a UVB? That's going to help w/ the digestion -- the UVB helps absorption of calcium- and prevents other health issues as well
Karrie

Beardieman124

Original Poster
Hi thanks I was worried he was still impacted I haven’t gotten the uvb yet I’m probably going to sunday I don’t have a homedepot by me will Lowe’s work

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes Lowes will work for the tile -------------not the UVB fixture they do not sell fixtures w/ reflectors-- please get one ASAP w/ a reflector----------- for now you can take him outside for UVB -- have him sit on you in direct sun for as long as you like but he needs this UVB every day or other till you get the UVB into his tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom