What does this mean?

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

What does this mean?

Postby WinFam01 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:06 am

She was sitting like this for a bit and I thought it was a little odd so I snapped a pic
[Click image to enlarge]

Then a short bit later she was exaggerating the pose more
[Click image to enlarge]

🤷🏻‍♀️

I figure it might have to do with her new uvb tube (7 in from her) which is currently sitting in an open space I made by sliding the screen lid because I tried for about 2 hrs this morning to attach it to the inside of the screen but was unsuccessful. So it will sit like this for now until my husband gets home and can hopefully find some picture hanging wire he thinks he has.

Just FYI - I tried fishing line and zip ties and even tried rigging some paper clips strung together. The shoelaces we have will not fit through the screen holes, and the light/fixture gets hotter than I anticipated, so the only thing I think I will be comfortable using that I can think of is wire.
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What does this mean?

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37 pm

looks like shes absorbing the UVB rays --- if you have some stainless steel wire that is thin and bendable you can use that too - that is what I use for my UVB's but my husband got it and I dont know where he got it from other than work and I dont know what they use it for at work but I can find out-
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby Draven88 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:26 am

What I like to use is a braided steal rope as it is very strong in a small size. You just need a nice way to secure it with crimps on the wire (example for both linked below). I have UVB fixtures that also have LEDs for more natural light that are just over twice the weight of a standard UVB only fixture and it holds them with ease.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-8-in-x-50-ft-Galvanized-Uncoated-Steel-Wire-Rope-803152/203958867?MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-203958867-_-N

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-8-in-Aluminum-Ferrule-and-Stop-Set-43254/205887928?MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-205887928-_-N

I would actually say its much stronger than needed but it works really well.
Draven88
Hatchling Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:37 pm

I forgot to update! We actually ended up using.............paper clips, lol. I realized we could snap the little metal clamp/hanging things onto the fixture and it would be easier...but it still was more complicated than I realized it would be!
---
Tish

WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby Wickedpogana » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:51 pm

looks like something is wrong with her belly its prtoduing and really droopy nothing like ive seen and ive seen large marge... lets see what others say if they skipped over that belly
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO - You Can take a Beardie out of the Wild but you cant take the wild out of a Beardie
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Draven88 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:looks like something is wrong with her belly its prtoduing and really droopy nothing like ive seen and ive seen large marge... lets see what others say if they skipped over that belly

Of my 6 beardies I see this with the belly in 1 of them. Its something that tends to happen after eating, but only ŕeally shows when they climb up on something that is more vertical. Once mine comes down or moves to a horizontal position you wouldnt notice anything odd.
Draven88
Hatchling Poster

Postby Wickedpogana » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Draven88 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:looks like something is wrong with her belly its prtoduing and really droopy nothing like ive seen and ive seen large marge... lets see what others say if they skipped over that belly

Of my 6 beardies I see this with the belly in 1 of them. Its something that tends to happen after eating, but only ŕeally shows when they climb up on something that is more vertical. Once mine comes down or moves to a horizontal position you wouldnt notice anything odd.
okay i had no idea and knew someone else would thank you
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO - You Can take a Beardie out of the Wild but you cant take the wild out of a Beardie

Postby loljelloclowdz » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 pm

She kinda looks like a pregnant human ordering at Wendy’s or something 😂
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:05 pm

😂😂
---
Tish

WinFam01
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior