Nutrient Powder and Cancer

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Nutrient Powder and Cancer

Postby reiddragons » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi everyone,

My little guy refuses his greens sometimes, so I have taken to, once a week, dipping a worm in his multivitamin powder then feeding it to him just to be sure he gets his multivitamin.

I've read that too many vitamin supplements can cause cancer in humans, could this be the same for beardies?

How could I tell if he was getting TOO MUCH of nutrients?
reiddragons
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Nutrient Powder and Cancer

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Too much supplements will turn their urate yellow - like on the ends - 2 x per week for vitamins - one feeding - dust the bugs that way you know hes getting the supplement - 5 x per week one feeding for calcium D3
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby reiddragons » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Too much supplements will turn their urate yellow - like on the ends - 2 x per week for vitamins - one feeding - dust the bugs that way you know hes getting the supplement - 5 x per week one feeding for calcium D3
Karrie

Ok, so his urate is not noticeably yellow. It can get darker on the ends, but only so much as like, it gets darker and transitions into the darker colors of the non urate poop.

Any idea on the cancer concern?
reiddragons
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:11 pm

No that issue would need to be addressed by Tracie or ahbd or one of the other more experienced on here w/ that
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health