Worried, mushu having a hard time with shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
I just got back from the vet and got some antibiotics in him. The vet was very rude to me and clearly did not understand my situation. Just to get to the vet and get these antibiotics i had to spend a lot of money i don't have. She talked about him possibly needing surgery and coming back to the vet office (which is an hour away) weekly. Which I absolutely do not have anywhere enough money to do either of those. I probably wouldn't have the money even if there was not a global pandemic. I have 4 more doses of antibiotics and i am giving him vitimans and lots of love and doing all i can but if he doesn't get any better after the antibiotics as much as i hate to say it I am just going to have to let nature take its course. Please send hopes/prayers/good vibes and any advise would be appreciated. Thank you all for your help

SPandS

Juvie Member
Did you ever get him a proper uvb bulb? Without one no amount of medication will make him better, he needs uvb. I would also get rid of any bulb that isn't necessary as they could be harming his eyes.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The antibiotics might help if there's infection anywhere. Did the vet say what the surgery would be for ? If they aren't communicating with you and being rude then I really feel for you. Right now if it's warm out where you live take him out in the sun [ NOT in a glass tank, it would overheat in minutes ] but just sit in the grass or have him on your lap. 30-60 minutes of sun [ or more ] at least 3-4 times a week will give him plenty of uvb. Hang in there !

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
AHBD":45a0g5qm said:
The antibiotics might help if there's infection anywhere. Did the vet say what the surgery would be for ? If they aren't communicating with you and being rude then I really feel for you. Right now if it's warm out where you live take him out in the sun [ NOT in a glass tank, it would overheat in minutes ] but just sit in the grass or have him on your lap. 30-60 minutes of sun [ or more ] at least 3-4 times a week will give him plenty of uvb. Hang in there !
I got him a proper uvb light. But now he has blood in his ear which I took him to the vet for which is what they said he might need surgery on

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
AHBD":7b5jvtzw said:
I did get him the right uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom