Bioactive mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
My Beardie is on a substrate mix that consist of Topsoil , natural play sand , sphagnum/peat moss , horticultural charcoal, firbark, also a few corkbark pieces and coconut fiber and for rocks I use dragon stone also known as jasper crystal .The plants I have are two Dracaena and a mint plant had optunia in there but it got ate. Leaf litter I have is magnolia leaves , maple leaves and also oak leaves . For clean up crew I have isopods a few diffrenet kinds , spring tails, earthworms and dubia roaches . What do other people use with these kind of set ups that has done bio before
107375-3808872481.jpg
107375-963472617.jpg
107375-8980424855.jpg
107375-8139594388.jpg
107375-4584004404.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a nice looking set up, your beardie is living the good life ! There aren't very many owners on this site that have bioactive but you'd probably get more responses in the " enclosures " sub. I do have a question, his beard is retaining water, what type + how often do you use supplements ?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2l97gwpa said:
That's a nice looking set up, your beardie is living the good life ! There aren't very many owners on this site that have bioactive but you'd probably get more responses in the " enclosures " sub. I do have a question, his beard is retaining water, what type + how often do you use supplements ?
I use herbative or whatever it's called and calcium with d3 once maybe twice a week if I remember
Edit I just bought calcium without d3 . could the calcium with d3 cause the storage of fluid in the beard? She has perfect uvb amount and she gets sun periodically maybe once twice a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom