RIP Mushu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik6ix

Today I had an unfortunate event, my year old beardie passed away of what seem to be a stroke, this afternoon he seemed perfectly fine basking in his hammock he got up had a poop, was running around, cleaned it up left the room to discard of waste an wash hands by time I came back in he was laying back down, I took him out to run around a bit but as I went to get him I noticed his beard was going black and his mouth was gapping. I brought him out anyways an put him on me he felt cold an stiff and his bottom half was turning blacker, I brought his container of crickets out an when he wouldn’t go for them I knew something was wrong. I called our vet for an emergency visit (as our vet is closed to walk-ins due to Covid) our vet was nice enough to take him on her lunch break by time we reached the vet no more than 10-15mins later they came back out and told me he was becoming colder, stiffer an they couldn’t find a heart beat?. I’ve been trying to do some research on beardies and strokes and there doesn’t seem to be much info. I came across an article written by someone a few years ago who’s beardie passed almost the exact same way even down to taking a poop right before.. does anyone know of possible cause.. it just seem so left field all within 40mins to hour he was perfectly fine to passed away. This was my first experience as a Beardie owner and although it was short he will never be forgotten, and Thankyou to this website for helping us along the way with tips, suggestions and general info during puberty & him having pesticides.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes that was sudden--- I am always so sorry to hear when they pass so young--- :(
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so very sorry to hear that you lost Mushu so suddenly, that is so emotionally hard. :cry:
He had a good life with you. My sincere condolences.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom