Is my bearded dragon dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halahback

So I got a bearded dragon and the whole set-up for my daughter in November. He was very aggressive, would hiss every time a hand was in the tank and caught my daughters finger a couple times. He was eating crickets and veggies regularly, but for the past couple weeks he looks like he’s deteriorating and now has black marks around his mouth and eyes. I’m not sure if I can or how to fix this. I was planning on getting him in a larger tank (from 10 gl to 40 gl) but want to make sure we aren’t going to lose him before doing so. Please let me know if/how I can fix this. I would add a picture but don’t know how, if you can tell me how to do that I’ll be happy to share that with you.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Is there anything bigger you can put him in? A 10 gallon is very small for a 5-6 month old beardie plus it's also hard to have a heat gradient in such a small tank. It doesn't need to be a 40 gallon but anything bigger than a 10 will help.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Yeah I'd temporarily use a big sterlite bin or something to have him in until she can upgrade anything. 40 gal is the minimum you should have for a beardie you shouldnt even be considering something smaller let alone a 10 gallon . With not knowing that I'm sure hes detorating from wrong housing tell us what lighting you are using so we can help fix the issues you are having. With talk like I'm wanna make sure I'm not gonna loose him before upgrading his enclosure you shouldnt have pets at all you buy the supplies first then the animal smh

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
We do need some overall pictures of the tank, along with your dragon so we can help you
better. Please let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom