Cleaner

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Cleaner

Postby ColeEld » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 am

Hey, I was just doing some research on what everyone was using to clean their tanks and everyone seems to use the F10SC cleaner, but everywhere online is sold out, and nowhere sells it locally so I went to their contact page and sent them and email asking when it would be back in stock and turns out it was never approved to be sold in Canada, so I was just wondering what the next best cleaner would be?
ColeEld
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Cleaner

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am

For regular cleaning I just use 50/50 vinegar / water -- but the disinfecting really good is the F10 - which I use -- some others on here could recommend some stuff for you
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10810
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Cleaner

Postby ColeEld » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 am

KarrieRee wrote:For regular cleaning I just use 50/50 vinegar / water -- but the disinfecting really good is the F10 - which I use -- some others on here could recommend some stuff for you
Karrie

Where do you get the F10? I would like it but can’t find it anywhere?
ColeEld
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am

Re: Cleaner

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:52 am

I got it off Amazon when I first purchased it but that was a like a year ago -- here is some stuff sold on pangeareptiles.com its a disinfectant they are selling its called Chlorhexidine (aka Nolvasan) is a very effective bacteriacide, virucide, and fungicide. 100% safe to use in reptile cages because it leaves no toxic residue or fumes. This is the same stuff veterinarians use to irrigate wounds and is even used as a mouthwash for animals and people. And of course it says this Not Available For International Shipments---------- so I would look for something in Canada that you can get there
https://www.amazon.com/F10SCXD-Cleaner- ... B00GMLNLIE
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10810
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Cleaner

Postby ColeEld » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:40 pm

KarrieRee wrote:I got it off Amazon when I first purchased it but that was a like a year ago -- here is some stuff sold on pangeareptiles.com its a disinfectant they are selling its called Chlorhexidine (aka Nolvasan) is a very effective bacteriacide, virucide, and fungicide. 100% safe to use in reptile cages because it leaves no toxic residue or fumes. This is the same stuff veterinarians use to irrigate wounds and is even used as a mouthwash for animals and people. And of course it says this Not Available For International Shipments---------- so I would look for something in Canada that you can get there
https://www.amazon.com/F10SCXD-Cleaner- ... B00GMLNLIE
Karrie


I guess they’re not shipping internationally right now because of the covid-19 maybe who knows lol, that’s the American amazon and they don’t have it on the Canada amazon and of course they won’t ship it internationally at the moment. I think I found the F10SCXD online on LLLreptile, a website listed on the buyf10.com on the where to buy, is the SCXD the same you just have to rinse it after? Like it would be safe to use in my terrarium?
ColeEld
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am

Re: Cleaner

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:46 pm

Mine is the F10 SC -- I checked mine and it says you dont need to rinse so I am not sure what the difference is between the two are -- the XD you dont need to rinse either -- check Ebay
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10810
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Cleaner

Postby ColeEld » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:53 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Mine is the F10 SC -- I checked mine and it says you dont need to rinse so I am not sure what the difference is between the two are -- the XD you dont need to rinse either -- check Ebay
Karrie

But it would be okay to use the F10SCXD in a beardie cage?
ColeEld
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am

Re: Cleaner

Postby Drache613 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:18 am

Hello,

What type of cleaner are you looking for, a general overall cleaner, or an anti-coccidial
type of cleaner?

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 40311
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Cleaner

Postby Drache613 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:19 am

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 40311
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas

Re: Cleaner

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:09 am

I use F10sc diluted 1:500 and just spray on , let air dry and then wipe any residue away with a paper towel if there is any residue.

With the current covid-19 mass madness and lots of blackmarket profiteering going on internationally with antiseptics, sanitisers, bogpaper, etc etc , good luck finding F10sc or any F10 products in stock for sale at normal prices anywhere ( I've seen Ebay sellers demanding $6000 for a 200mm bottle of F10sc …. crooks !!! ).

Only alternative I'd recommend is high pressure ( hence superheated) steam.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 12428
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Re: Cleaner

Postby ColeEld » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:02 am

kingofnobbys wrote:I use F10sc diluted 1:500 and just spray on , let air dry and then wipe any residue away with a paper towel if there is any residue.

With the current covid-19 mass madness and lots of blackmarket profiteering going on internationally with antiseptics, sanitisers, bogpaper, etc etc , good luck finding F10sc or any F10 products in stock for sale at normal prices anywhere ( I've seen Ebay sellers demanding $6000 for a 200mm bottle of F10sc …. crooks !!! ).

Only alternative I'd recommend is high pressure ( hence superheated) steam.


Okay but if I can find the F10scxd that’s also safe to use?
ColeEld
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am

Re: Cleaner

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Yes, it is safe. It's a sanitizer and cleaner in one rather than just a sanitizer.
Image
User avatar
CooperDragon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 26013
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Iowa City, IA

Re: Cleaner

Postby ColeEld » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:22 pm

CooperDragon wrote:Yes, it is safe. It's a sanitizer and cleaner in one rather than just a sanitizer.

Hey cooper do you know if it’s possible to get it in Canada? I tried to get it off of that LLLreptile site but they don’t ship liquid internationally and the bean farm wants $45 to ship it and that’s a bit excessive
ColeEld
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am

Re: Cleaner

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:44 pm

Try https://shop.cornelsworld.com/contact/ , they look like they have F10sc in stock
https://shop.cornelsworld.com/product-c ... leaning-2/ prices are not unreasonable ( are normal ).


Looks like Cornelsworld is based in Alberta.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 12428
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Re: Cleaner

Postby ColeEld » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:56 pm

kingofnobbys wrote:Try https://shop.cornelsworld.com/contact/ , they look like they have F10sc in stock
https://shop.cornelsworld.com/product-c ... leaning-2/ prices are not unreasonable ( are normal ).


Looks like Cornelsworld is based in Alberta.

Thank you for your help! I placed an order with them so let’s see how this goes!
ColeEld
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to Enclosures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users