Hanging from top screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jera47

So Groot has started a new ring; he likes to hang from his screen top. He just started a couple days ago. His temp stays around 110 in basking area and around 75-80 on his cool side. He has 100w basking lamp and 100w ceramic heater. What in the world is going on with his crazy little butt! I let him out for about 15-20 minutes when I notice him doing this and he seems to calm for a few hours. Help! Thanks for any advice!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You mentioned no UVB-- are you using a all in one bulb? If so what brand and wattage?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok the 26 watt is a coil and a Thrive brand --- I would ditch it --- or change it out to a Reptisun brand --- the coils are not the best - I have not heard anything bad about the Reptisun 26 watt as of yet but that bulb needs to be in a reflective dome and appox 8-10 inches from basking area---- in my personal opinion I would get rid of it all together and get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or T 8 --- at this time they are the best on the market--
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
KarrieRee":tv1dej9c said:
ok the 26 watt is a coil and a Thrive brand --- I would ditch it --- or change it out to a Reptisun brand --- the coils are not the best - I have not heard anything bad about the Reptisun 26 watt as of yet but that bulb needs to be in a reflective dome and appox 8-10 inches from basking area---- in my personal opinion I would get rid of it all together and get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or T 8 --- at this time they are the best on the market--
Karrie

This is his setup now, would changing the bulbs to reptisun be sufficient?
107533-3443814195.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When he is climbing to the top of the screen what bulb is he under? And yes the Reptisun brand is one of the best on the market for the TUBE ---- no coils are rated but they suggest if using the 26 watt to make sure its 8-10 inches from basking decor in a reflective dome --- the 13 watt bulbs are killers --- they are absolutely horrible
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1l7gyrxd said:
When he is climbing to the top of the screen what bulb is he under? And yes the Reptisun brand is one of the best on the market for the TUBE ---- no coils are rated but they suggest if using the 26 watt to make sure its 8-10 inches from basking decor in a reflective dome --- the 13 watt bulbs are killers --- they are absolutely horrible
Karrie

The basking bulb, the hammock use to be higher but I don't want him to hurt himself, not much lower so if he really wanted to, he would find a way. I changed the setup a couple hours ago and he hasn't tried yet but he's pouting at the moment! Maybe a 150w is necessary? I'll move his UVB up! Thx

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You dont want your basking temps above 110--- so the basking bulb is good -- is the coil in the same dome fixture? Dual dome?
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2vyhcu1a said:
You dont want your basking temps above 110--- so the basking bulb is good -- is the coil in the same dome fixture? Dual dome?
Karrie
His basking and ceramic heater are in the double dome and the coil is in the stand alone!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok good I would get the UVB approx 8-10 inches from basking decor --- and its in a reflective dome correct? Does he sit under the UVB?
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1xzii9d8 said:
ok good I would get the UVB approx 8-10 inches from basking decor --- and its in a reflective dome correct? Does he sit under the UVB?
Karrie

Yes its reflective! Not often, he plays over there or hangs out there after he eats for a bit but not for long.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He should be basking under that bulb for a few hrs per day-- I would get rid of it--- I would get what I had recommended and soon - for him not to be basking under it says it's no good--
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
KarrieRee":11onjday said:
He should be basking under that bulb for a few hrs per day-- I would get rid of it--- I would get what I had recommended and soon - for him not to be basking under it says it's no good--
Karrie
I'll get one tomorrow!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good let me know what bulb you get so I can help you place in or on the tank
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30yr25ae said:
Ok good let me know what bulb you get so I can help you place in or on the tank
Karrie

I ordered the reptisun 10 26w but after thinking for a while he did stop hanging out over there as much since I changed the bulb. His energy is still stupid...but he won't eat his super worms, still killing the greens. Could that be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom