Vibrating dish DIY ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
NBGwen":15yj0xa7 said:
JumpinJellyfish":15yj0xa7 said:
NBGwen":15yj0xa7 said:
Hey gang - here's what I've been feeding the boys. I thought a visual would give everyone a better idea of what I've been trying ?

87171-7828120705.jpg
That looks a lot like "chop" for birds (without the bugs in, although some birds might enjoy that as well). My dragon also barely eats veggies so far, but he does take a bite here and there, so there's hope. I just keep offering. Took one of my birds *18 months* of daily offered veggies before he so much as tried any. Now he goes right to the veggie dish when I place it. Hoping Norbert will have that same sort of "on" switch at some point. ?

HAHA yes, it does look a lot like bird chop! I figure if it looks good to me, maybe it will look good to them... :? My birds shy away from fresh foods, so now I make a mash that's pureed and frozen into serving sizes (a budgie and a parrotlet, they don't eat much)...with my health issues, it was the most convenient way and they love it. I add in pellets that pretty much merge with the mash before I freeze it and I add in a bit of seed to entice them when I serve it. So far, so great! When I had my Indian Ringneck though, it was all fresh.

I'll keep putting it in their enclosures with supers added in (live of course) in hopes of drawing them to it!
My 18-monther is a Parrotlet. Stubborn little guys! I used to freeze as well, when I made big batches of chop. Worked fine for everyone. But now with the dragon we always have fresh on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom