Is this the beginnings of yellow fungus?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Is this the beginnings of yellow fungus?

Postby Muffin797 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:44 am

Hi everyone, I noticed that my beardies tummy is a tad yellow. He is ~11 months and ~16 inches, poops regularly, eats regularly (I feed superworms, repashy Beardie buffet, and the occasional mealworm/mealworm beetle. I also feed veggies and he is slowly starting to appreciate them more, especially carrots), is rather active, and spends a normal amount of time basking on his hammock. Here are a couple pictures of his tummy (I hope they are good enough, he's never really been one to hold still...) as well as a picture of him from above so you can see his normal colouration.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Does this look like the beginnings of yellow fungus? I tend to be a bit of a worrier when it comes to my little Muffin. If it does (fingers crossed it doesn't...), what should I do about it?
Muffin797
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Is this the beginnings of yellow fungus?

Postby AHBD » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:46 am

No Y.F. there at all, just normal slight tinge of color. One of my yellow boys had a yellow belly :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploa ... _large.jpg
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Muffin797 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:48 am

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I'm glad to hear that there is nothing to worry about here!
Muffin797
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:53 am

You're welcome ! You have a pretty leatherback tiger by the way. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Muffin797 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:08 am

Is that what he is? I honestly have no idea. I got him from my local "ma and pa" style reptile store. I wanted to support them because they do a lot of good for the local reptile community.
Muffin797
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:21 am

Yes, a leatherback with a strong tiger pattern. Good to know you have a nice mom + pop pet store like that. :) So do you know the gender for sure ? BTW, if you could get dubia roaches they would be better than supers as a staple, or use them both as part of his diet. For veggies try greens like turnip, mustard, collard, kale, endive, dandelion endive, green beans + squah. Carrots are O.K. but the bulk should be greens.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Muffin797 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:51 am

Pretty certain he is a male. Unfortunately I live in Canada so I can't get dubias :cry:
I've tried a bunch of different veggies. His favourites are definitely bok choy and carrots. He also doesn't seem to mind arugula.
Muffin797
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:55 am

That's O.K, he'll be fine with his diet. You can try some of the other greens every now + then to switch it up. You can also use crickets, silkworms or hornworms a couple times a month if they're available for variety too.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health