Feeding my Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfrank

I am not sure if I am feeding my dragon Pogo enough. I have superworms and dubia roaches I am raising myself as feeders but I am not sure how many of them I should be feeding every day. I do previde greens in the morning but he does not seem to eat much of them. Pogo is 1.5 yrs old. Any help would be appreciated. He seems healthy and looks good but at times depending on how he is sitting or laying he looks thin.
Thank you,
Sheila and Pogo

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep a log of his weight to help track that over time. At his age he should be eating plenty of veges so keep offering a salad every day. Change the offerings around a bit to try and find some favorites. My guy LOVES chopped up squash (yellow and green are readily available and seasonal squash mixed in). Some of them prefer different greens too. If you hand feed the salad and add some movement it can attract their attention a bit. I offer a bug meal once or twice a week and offer as many as he wants at a time (usually within 5-10 min or so he will lose interest). Feeding bugs less frequently can help get them into a habit of eating more veges as they get hungry.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
I rescued a male dragon last month who wouldn't eat any greens. He's 8-9 months old based on length

Definitely make sure to try a variety - I buy country time greens which is collards, mustard and turnip greens mixed together. My female will only eat collard greens, My rescue will only eat mustard greens, and my little dude will just pick and choose each day.

My rescue finally realized that they were food after attempting to hand feed him each meal for a 1 1/2 days while offering no protein. I waited to stop protein until I was sure he had gained some weight though (everyone thought he was only 4-5 months).

If you don't feel comfortable not feeding your beardie for a few days, than I would attempt to hand feed a salad in the morning and just leave a salad bowl for most of the day - maybe try hand feeding again if you walk by later on. Eventually they get hungry enough to eat whatever your offering

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom