Yellow Fungus?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Yellow Fungus?

Postby DizzyWizard » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Hey guys. I used to have an account Back in the day, but I forgot the login. Well I just got two bearded dragons and one of them has an issue. To me it looks like yellow fungus, but I wanted to see What everyone else thought. If it is yellow fungus, what can I do at home to help combat this?

https://m.imgur.com/a/g898oRT
DizzyWizard
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Yellow Fungus?

Postby Claudiusx » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi there,

Are there any other areas besides the eye? It could be a fungal infection but it doesnt look like yellow fungus to me.

How long have you had them? Best to keep them separated. If its fungal it could spread.

What all have you done to try to remedy it? I'd definitely get a vet appointment if you can.

In the mean time you can try flushing the area with a saline solution. applying some raw unpasteurized honey to the area might help too.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Re: Yellow Fungus?

Postby DizzyWizard » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:34 pm

I literally just got them. Sadly I got a 4ft by 2ft enclosure just built while I try to rush build the other. The guy who gave them to me had them in a 20 Gal. Right now I could keep one in the 20 gal if needed. I was thinking about "quarantining" the infected one, and monitor her till maybe closer to the end of the month. Also no only the face area.
DizzyWizard
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER