Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

Hi everyone I have a 7 to 8 month old beardie that just finished being on Flagyl for parasites about two weeks ago.(had a dose once a week for 3 weeks). His appetite has definitely increased. He seems overall happier. However, his poops still look like a pile of mud. He goes every few days which is something new since being on the medication he always went daily. When he goes it’s a humongous amount because it’s a few days worth. Urate looks completely healthy. My concern is, is are the poops supposed to be formed like a little sausage? It has zero odor to it anymore since treatment but I still am concerned about the way it looks. Maybe it is normal and only babies poop the way I’m expecting. Any advice would greatly help. Just want to know if I should be concerned.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It might take some time for the GIT to resettle after the medication before the stools go back to normal.
His daily diet will also play a large role in how loose his stools are. What does the diet look like?

-Brandon

Mflav

Original Poster
He finally started eating greens for the 1st time about a week ago but kale only. I have always put together a nice salad daily but he would NEVER eat it He has about 20 crickets daily gets liquid calcium 1x week and liquid vitamins 2x week

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Their stools don't stay perfect, that is for sure! It definitely is affected by the foods that they
eat, supplementation, how much fluid is given, etc.
Sweet potatoes or squash can sometimes firm up the stool so you could try that.
That's great he is eating his greens again! Medication really upsets their tummies, too.
Do you use probiotics for him?

Tracie

Mflav

Original Poster
No probiotics just the liquid Vitamins where would I find probiotics I never see them in the pet stores

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup it can be. Typically if the diet is high in water content or if it passed too quickly.

-Brandon

Mflav

Original Poster
Finally Oscar had a normal looking formed poop today after a month later of being diagnosed with parasites. I did give him some baby food squash through a syringe yesterday and you did say squash tends to firm it up maybe it was that. Thanks for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom