Wall surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palealienos

My bearded dragon is about 3 years old but I just got him a couple days ago. I got him a 50 gal tank with the correct light set up and everything, the temp is usually 100° at his basking spot and I use a ceramic heater at night so he has darkness to sleep. He has been sleeping during the day and extremely active at night, like climbing up the walls. I don’t have any backdrops but there’s a divider on the left side of the tank so he doesn’t see my crested gecko. Is there anything else he could be wanting to escape from? I haven’t seen any poop but the first time he would eat for me was last night around 2 am.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
With my skinks and dragons this usually means
> I've pooed ( get rid of it please )
> I want to come out to have a snuggle
> I want to come out to have fun floor time
> I am hungry
> can also mean - I'm too hot and want to come out to cool down ( temperature escape attempt ).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are his temps at nite w / the heat emitter --- ???? If its 80 or warmer its too hot
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":38bzsjwe said:
What are his temps at nite w / the heat emitter --- ???? If its 80 or warmer its too hot
Karrie

80 F ( 27 degC ) is fine.
My home is climate controlled and I set my aircon to 24 degC overnight ( slowfan/quiet fan , economy mode , either reverse cycle in winter or cool in summer ).

My gang all sleep very well at night , even have access to warmed hides ( by heatpads sandwiched between ceramic tiles on switching thermostats set to either 36 degC (warm hide) or 32 degC (cool hide) for the bearded dragons and the bluetongues and the water skinks (7W pads for the big lizards, 5W pads in the case of water skinks).

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
kingofnobbys":3txauqmg said:
With my skinks and dragons this usually means
> I've pooed ( get rid of it please )
> I want to come out to have a snuggle
> I want to come out to have fun floor time
> I am hungry
> can also mean - I'm too hot and want to come out to cool down ( temperature escape attempt ).
I always wanted a skink.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

This is very very common behavior for a dragon in a new environment. They go through relocation stress when put in a new environment or a new home. Some dragons shut down and act lethargic, and sometimes they get wild and try to escape because they are scared.

He should have settled down a bit by now. How is he doing?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom