Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House!

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House!

Postby ComicBookMama » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Your daughter is beyond cute, and so sweet, wanting to help feed the dragons... good job teaching her to love all her fellow living creatures, even the bugs that will be dragon dinner! I could picture you doing the Mufasa-and-Simba Circle of Life talk together...

"Everything, from the tiniest dubia to the biggest dragon, is part of the great Circle of Life..."
"But Dad, don't the dragons EAT the dubias?"

Love the "oooooo!" Both my nieces went through a serious bug lovin' phase, catching and studying everything they could get their hands on, much to the dismay of their not-so-much bug lovin' mom. My own now-13 year old boy, raised around every conceivable critter, has wound up being pretty neutral towards pets in general... likes them okay, but isn't critter crazy like his mom. Sigh. Enjoy your little one's enthusiasm, and nurture it!

And your new dragon girl is a lovely one! So colorful! It will be fun watching her grow into a stunning dragoness.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby claudiusx » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:56 pm

Thanks Vanessa! I saw you post right after I posted the big update.. I was just waiting for you to see it haha :)

Yup, I'm very convincing with the wife. She'd rather me not buy another dragon but.. the second bedroom isn't needed for another child yet... LOL
My real problem is I still want a Uro, but now I have 5 beardies :oops:

Tasnene wrote:I second that! Wow she looks amazing and cool !

Why thank you :) I thought she was quite stunning too :D

And thanks CBMama. It's funny you use that quote, we really want her to like Disney movies because we both love disneyland and want her to be as amazed as possible when we first take her lol. But she doesn't really like watching tv or movies. She'd rather us be watching her, or giving her attention LOL. But, the beardie room is the one exception. She will sit in there and watch the dragons or look at the bugs for much longer than she will focus on anything else. It's still only for like 5 minutes, but it's by far what can hold her attention the longest. But hey, it's a big world out there, lots of explore and no time to waste!

ComicBookMama wrote:My own now-13 year old boy, raised around every conceivable critter,

I was the same way when I was younger. My bug phase started at 6 years old. And slowly morphed into a reptiles and bugs and amphibians phase. Now I'm really only into reptiles, but I can appreciate it all.

Thanks for the compliment too on the new girl. I am excited to see what she turns out like.
This is another phantom stripe Josh D produced who is much older.
Only time will tell if my girl ends up like this one. (would not be disappointed lol)
He doesn't produce many phantom stripes and he pretty much avoided my question about their genetics... so they are still a mystery to me.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Postby Tasnene » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Wow she’s really freakin cool! Lol I never seen a bearded dragon like her before ..... earlier today I saw that someone in the community has bearded dragons with stars in the back of them . I’m enjoying these chats and look forward to more pics of your gang and baby girls lol
Tas the proud mom to Noodle and Yeti
Tasnene
Hatchling Poster

Postby claudiusx » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks Tas :)

Tombo has been semi-brumating. As in he will hide and not be too active but he's not really sleeping the whole day.
This is the cave he hides in:
[Click image to enlarge]

And this is how you can tell he is brumating..
[Click image to enlarge]

Superworm inches away from him... and he doesn't care.. LOL

So anyways, we have decided on the name of our new girl.
[Click image to enlarge]

Kiki

She's going through a full body shed right now, but she is still doing great. Eating lots, basking all proud, and being very interested in me.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

She saw the mealworm I placed on the tile for her right here

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Shes such a cute eater too. It's so cute seeing her little jaws munch on her food. She is quite a sweetheart.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby ComicBookMama » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:35 am

Kiki is so sweet! Did you get her name from the anime KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE? Tombo’s semi brumation is funny... just hanging out in his man-dragon cave!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:49 am

Yup :)

All my dragons are named after miyazaki movies. In fact, tombo comes from kiki's delivery service too. :)

Yeah he loves his cave. However this morning I saw him lying on his log, like he decided to sleep there. His blue turns black when hes cold... or.. hormonal. I'll post a pic right now, just gotta upload it.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby claudiusx » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:50 am

[Click image to enlarge]

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby ComicBookMama » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:56 am

I haven’t actually seen KDS, but I love animated movies... Tombo looks very grand on his log! He’s got such distinguished markings.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby claudiusx » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Some Kiki cuteness for you all :)

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

She is still preshed, but still, it seems her colors are still popping through the dullness. She's probably going to explode any day now.

[Click image to enlarge]

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby vrenee1018 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:02 pm

ALL OF THEM looking happy, healthy, and amazing :) Looking good crew, looking good! :blob8: :blob5:

Vanessa
Image Ohhh myyy little Taaam-piiico <3
vrenee1018
Juvie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Thanks Vanessa.

Just so I dont have to post the pic a second time, I suggest anyone curious about the monster that Tombo is, to click on this link:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=252456

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby AprilandXena » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:33 am

I am in love with this forum. I have wanted a Beardie for the last 20 years but I was so scared to take the leap. I felt like a wierdo because of the love I have for reptiles. They are the coolest creatures on the earth. I swear. I finally got one, she was a lone wolf on a plant away from the basking rock in a terrarium of 8. 2 fancy and the rest regular. I got her because I just felt like there was a reason she was by herself. I was taken aback by how affectionate she was from the start. She actually she snuggles up in my hand, on a sock, and I rock her, and sing to her every night. She falls asleep, and i gently place her in her dark viv. I have 2 cats, a dog, and a ball python, but she is by far my most loving.
April and Xena
AprilandXena
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:34 pm

They are great aren't they? :D

Many people dont understand until they get their own.

Ms. Kiki is eating salads out of my hand now. She will readily eat out of her dish but I always feel it's nice to be able to hand feed them their greens too. And boy, she can put away some collard greens. She has quite the appetite for everything actually.
She got her first bath (with me) yesterday and before I could even fully put her body in the water, she had aimed her head straight down to drink. She is smart. I have no idea how she knew it was water before she even touched it. It wasnt like it was running or anything.

Everyone else got a bath too. And everyone drank besides Moro. Shes been having beard issues again. I gave her 2 male dubias last week and I'm pretty sure shes still holding them in her throat. Gonna have to figure out what to do about this behavior.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby AprilandXena » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Oh that's so sad. Poor Guy.
April and Xena
AprilandXena
Newbie Poster

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:57 am

AprilandXena wrote:I am in love with this forum. I have wanted a Beardie for the last 20 years but I was so scared to take the leap. I felt like a wierdo because of the love I have for reptiles. They are the coolest creatures on the earth. I swear. I finally got one, she was a lone wolf on a plant away from the basking rock in a terrarium of 8. 2 fancy and the rest regular. I got her because I just felt like there was a reason she was by herself. I was taken aback by how affectionate she was from the start. She actually she snuggles up in my hand, on a sock, and I rock her, and sing to her every night. She falls asleep, and i gently place her in her dark viv. I have 2 cats, a dog, and a ball python, but she is by far my most loving.

I have been doing my research for ball pythons because I hope to get one.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie Tales