Stunted growth

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Stunted growth

Postby MamaBlue3 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi everyone! Haven’t been on in awhile. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! So our beardie will be 6 mos old in about 2 weeks from my best estimate and is only 11.5 in long and 77G. She came from pet smart and from the advice I was given when we purchased her I know she did not proper care for her first 3 months of life. We have that all straightened out now but I’m just wondering is she just a slow grower or could she be stunted from having a rough start?
MamaBlue3
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Stunted growth

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:45 am

I dont think so w/ the proper diet and protein and good lighting she should be able to catch back up-- some dragons grow slower than others too -- so just feed her a variety diet and she should be fine
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Re: Stunted growth

Postby claudiusx » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:43 am

It's possible.

How much is she eating per day? How are her activity levels?

2 of my jew girls that are only 4 months old or so have already caught up and likely passed one of my 7 month olds. but my 7 mo doesnt eat as well as the others and tends to go through small growth spurts as opposed to linear progression.

Still, at 6 months she should be a bit bigger, even if she is a slow grower.

Is your husbandry all proper?

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health