Shed skin in nose moving?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Shed skin in nose moving?

Postby lunalern » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Lately, Hades has been breathing a bit heavier. I noticed it a day or two ago, he even sometimes makes that kind of smacking sound when he opens his mouth the bask during gaping.

However, he's still VERY energetic with a healthy appetite and regular poops. I take him out for a few minutes a day and he's very alert and curious.

When I observe him in his tank, I notice a bit of something moving around in his nostril that looks like just white shed skin (he's actually gotten shed in his nostrils twice already but had resolved it on his own in a day or two usually) however it seems to move.When he exhales it's almost bulging and when he inhales it looks normal. I was also wondering if maybe it was something else? It doesn't look like a liquid and he has no other fluids leaking from his eyes/ears/mouth so although I'm suspicious of an RI he doesn't seem to be displaying any other symptoms so I'm just kind of stuck at a dead end. :/

Thanks so much in advance for any help!!
lunalern
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Shed skin in nose moving?

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:13 pm

You might want to post some pics so we can look at it
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:57 pm

KarrieRee wrote:You might want to post some pics so we can look at it
Karrie

+1 Could be something as innocuous as "beardie booger" (or "beardie bogie" for those of British persuasion... :lol: ) Hopefully that's all it is.
MrSpectrum
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby lunalern » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Sorry it took me so long, he was just not having me taking a picture of that side of his head for some reason. But I snagged this one!

MrSpectrum wrote:
KarrieRee wrote:You might want to post some pics so we can look at it
Karrie

+1 Could be something as innocuous as "beardie booger" (or "beardie bogie" for those of British persuasion... :lol: ) Hopefully that's all it is.
lunalern
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:55 pm

That looks like a normal nose plug. Sometimes they can take longer to free up and that’s normal. It will eventually loosen and come free and then his breathing should normalize.
CooperDragon

Postby lunalern » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 pm

Okay I’m glad I double checked! I was optimistic due to his high energy and hearty appetite. He’s had one of these before that I think I mistook for shed skin. Thanks for the input!

CooperDragon wrote:That looks like a normal nose plug. Sometimes they can take longer to free up and that’s normal. It will eventually loosen and come free and then his breathing should normalize.
lunalern
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health