Trip?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Trip?

Postby jazyman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 am

I would just like to know if a trip would be possible for my baby. We would be driving around 12 hours away. I am not worried about the car ride, as he is very calm when handled and just relaxes. I do have a container for him to go in with a few hides, so he would not be handled the entire ride. What I am worried about is when we get there. We were thinking about buying a ten gallon tank, which would fit our beardie as of right now (he is 2.5 months old and only around 6-7 inches). It is just for this weekend. We will bring his light fixtures and a few of the things from his tank so that it doesnt seem as if its a completely new environment. Would this be ok? I know many people have their beardies in tanks this small. All of the reptile boarding facilities "near" us are around 2-3 hours away, so we thought it would make more sense to just bring him.
jazyman
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Trip?

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:00 am

Sounds good just make sure you take the temp probes or heat gun so you can take temps when you get him set up--- and it wouldnt hurt to take him out of the carrier and set him on top of it while riding -- they like to look out the windows or at least Hiccup does
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby jazyman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:45 am

Ok thank you! Yes I was going to bring a small blanket so he could ride in my lap and look out the window. Should be fun. I can't wait until hes big enough where I can put him in a leash so that he can go out with us at rest stops!
jazyman
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:05 am

Definitely you dont want to lose him that is for sure --- and they are fast when so young
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Hello,

He will love going on a trip with you & they usually travel very well.
You can use one of those small dog/cat plush carriers so he rides in comfort with his little
fleece blankie. He will be ok without UVB for short periods of time but it would be a good idea
to take a basking light for him also using a light stand, or other method of hanging a basking
light for him.

I am sure he will do just fine, be sure he is safe so he wont get lost or hurt.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion