Why does my beardie scale the walls of my room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!!
My little dude, Ringo, sometimes scales the glass walls of his tank to the point where his beard is black, he's running through his water, making a mess, etc. I'll always take him out and very shortly his beard goes back to normal and he begins to prance around happily. However, today started off fine and now his beard is black again and he is scaling the walls of my room. He ate his breakfast and some veggies, has pooped already today, I don't understand what the problem could be. Made a vet appointment for him next week, but in the meantime if anyone knows why this could be happening please let me know!

Update: Right after I posted this, I picked Ringo up and held him for a bit and his beard went back to normal, but then he wanted to roam around again. I'm at a loss, I put him back in his tank and he's running around again and he peed again. He pooped yesterday, today, and now peed. Is that normal? Please help!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are the lights in the tank ? It sounds like a husbandry issue---- how old is the UVB?
Have you checked basking spot temp lately?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a few pics of Ringo [ full body shot ] as well as his set up + lights ? Are you sure Ringo is a boy ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might be testing the boundaries of the room and is in search mode for something. My dragon is very energetic like that at times and will dash all around the house and scratch at the walls. At that point I tell him I'm not getting a bigger house just for him :lol: If everything is OK in your enclosure like temps, uvb exposure, etc. then he may just be energetic. I'd let him free roam as much as possible. Maybe consider setting up a portable basking light in the room for him. One thing that tends to calm them down is time in a window sill looking outside. There seems to be enough going on outside to keep them occupied for a while.

ringothedragon3

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ctctfkc said:
He might be testing the boundaries of the room and is in search mode for something. My dragon is very energetic like that at times and will dash all around the house and scratch at the walls. At that point I tell him I'm not getting a bigger house just for him :lol: If everything is OK in your enclosure like temps, uvb exposure, etc. then he may just be energetic. I'd let him free roam as much as possible. Maybe consider setting up a portable basking light in the room for him. One thing that tends to calm them down is time in a window sill looking outside. There seems to be enough going on outside to keep them occupied for a while.

He loves looking outside the window!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks healthy to me. Nice and alert. Not overweight. You might consider moving your T8 over next to the basking bulb so the most intense UVB is combined with heat and UVA over the basking zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom