Please help -- not eating after medication, concerning stool

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Please help -- not eating after medication, concerning s

Postby Drache613 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Hello,

I am glad to hear he is getting back to eating more now. I'm sure he will continue to improve
since he is off of his medications.
They naturally have very low levels in their normal gut flora. As long as the levels stay low
& don't affect the health then I don't think any further medication rounds are really needed.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby marhvee » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:20 am

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

I am glad to hear he is getting back to eating more now. I'm sure he will continue to improve
since he is off of his medications.
They naturally have very low levels in their normal gut flora. As long as the levels stay low
& don't affect the health then I don't think any further medication rounds are really needed.

Tracie

Hello! He's continuing to eat (although his salad to insects ratio still varies from day to day) and hasn't really been losing weight as far as I've seen. Here's a photo of his stool in his bath from today (it was a nice, brown well-formed 'log' about the size of my pinky finger, accompanied by a soft white urate, with a bit of mucus connecting the two -- not sure if that's anything to be concerned about):

[Click image to enlarge]

I've certainly read that they naturally have low levels of coccidia in their gut flora, but is that true for flagellates as well?

Also, Tracie, I seem to recall from past threads that you perform tests for ADV -- are you still doing them? Although he isn't currently showing any signs of it, I'm considering getting him tested just in case!
marhvee
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Tracie does do the testing. :) She's usually online in the evening so just send her a p.m.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER