Blood after poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took my Beardy Dru to the vet last week for a little blood In her poop. They didn’t find any parasites and she isn’t impacted. The vet said her stomach was upset after I told him my Step-Dad started feed regular potatoes to the crickets, but I’ve notice that there will be little spots of blood on the the area she hangs off of to go to the bathroom. Does anyone have any clue why?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Potatos to the crickets is not good --- it is starch -- you need to feed cricket food and water or carrots are good for hydration as well -- whatever the crickets are eating your bearded dragon is eating so that is not healthy-------------- are you feeding vegies every day?? --- here is a website for you for nutrition for your dragon http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
As far as the blood are you sure its blood - can you take a pic and post please---
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box ---
Has he ingested anything sharp in the tank ----------------- like what are you using for substrate?
Loose substrate??????????
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I agree pictures would help.

Feeding the crickets potatoes is ok. Carrots and potatoes are probably what they were eating before they came to you anyways so it most likely wouldnt be that.

How is your dragon acting? Active and alert?
Is she eating ok?

We could go over your setup with you if youd like. That would rule out any husbandry issues.

-Brandon

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1wa6wz2j said:
Potatos to the crickets is not good --- it is starch -- you need to feed cricket food and water or carrots are good for hydration as well -- whatever the crickets are eating your bearded dragon is eating so that is not healthy-------------- are you feeding vegies every day?? --- here is a website for you for nutrition for your dragon http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
As far as the blood are you sure its blood - can you take a pic and post please---
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box ---
Has he ingested anything sharp in the tank ----------------- like what are you using for substrate?
Loose substrate??????????
Karrie

I’m having some trouble posting a pic. Can you tell me how

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
106060-6376956580.jpg
Here is a picture. There was a little drop on the urate but none in her poop. It’s not mixed in or anything. I don’t have loose substrate and I don’t have anything sharp in the tank. She is alert but she is not really eating. Sometimes she’ll eat a cricket or 2, or a piece of butternut squash but she is not eating as much as she did before. She is still young so Dru should be eating a lot more cause she is still growing

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont know where that would be coming from-- someone else is gonna haft to give ideas - did she start doing this after the vet visit? Please post pics of her tank and lighting and set up and her
Karrie

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
I took her back to the vet, he said it is most likely an infection. He gave he a shot of antibiotics and gave me Drusilla’s next dose for sunday

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how long have you had Dru ? I agree that the potatoes are commonly given to crickets and have absolutely nothing to do with any blood in Dru's poop. Has she eaten anything red at all ? And how many times has she ha the slight bit of blood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom