Darwin

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Re: Darwin

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:03 am

Darwin has gotten increasingly tired recently and has been asleep all week. This is earlier than usual for all out brumation but I don't see that there's much to do about it. I hope he wakes up before our trip to Minnesota in a few weeks. He loves that trip every year =/.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby claudiusx » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 am

Darn Darwin! I hate brumation. I'm counting my blessings while my crew is still young!
I hope he wakes up for you soon!

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby vrenee1018 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:38 am

Maaaaan! Doesn't Darwin know that his human NEEEEDS him! I hope he wakes up for you soon!

Vanessa
Image Ohhh myyy little Taaam-piiico <3
vrenee1018
Juvie Poster

Postby sweetiepie9 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:02 am

So do I. Castiel went down really early this year, too, April. Nathaniel in May, even though he did wake up for a day. Cierra is also brumating, she went down in early July. Freya is trying to, but I think she has eggs still, so going to the vet today. Grrl has no clue brumation exists, i don't think. She still wants to be up 12 hrs a day or longer. She'll sit on the dragon chair on the balcony for hours, watching everyone going back & forth in our new apartment complex. I've been here 4 months, see my grandkids every day, they live down the hall. Love it.

Brumating is such a difficult time for us. I've never had dragons brumate in summer, but Castiel, Cierra and Nathaniel have been doing that for 5 years now 4 for Castiel. He'll be 5 in Sept and Cierra and Nathaniel will be 6 in December. I've had them for 5 years...time sure goes fast!

Hopefully Darwin decides that going on the trip is worth not sleeping for a bit. :D
sweetiepie9

Postby claudiusx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:33 am

How's darwin? Did he decide to wake up or is he down for the count? :(

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:32 am

He's still pretty sleepy and will just bunker down all day if I let him. I've been bribing him with some BSFL to wake up in the morning and at least get a partial day routine in so he's awake for our vacation. Who knows with this guy :dontknow: He's healthy and happy though.
CooperDragon

Postby vrenee1018 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:23 am

Awww. well boooo! Darwin totally needs to wake up for his human. LOL

I know how ya feel though. Tampico does the same thing. If she see worms moving around in her bowl (of which I have to place directly in front of her), she'll eat them and then hunker down in her cave. If I take her out, she's super alert and bright, but if I move her by her tank,she's ready to jump in and hunker down in her cave again. I can't blame her though. We now have two crazy dogs in the house. I'm sure she rather sleep than watch them run around her tank all the time..ORRRR hear us telling them NO! all the time. Hahahaha

I do hope he wakes up for your vacation soon!! :blob8:
vrenee1018
Juvie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Healthy and happy is all that matters! Although I am rooting for him to be awake for your trip!

-Brandon
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby CooperDragon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 am

Slowly bribed him out of his brumation using bsfl over the last week. He handled the 8hr car ride well (as usual, he is good at road trips fortunately). He is awake and alert at the cabin. Not sure if he remembers this place from year to year but he’s always very happy when he’s here =) =)

Travel setup w/northwoods themed blanket:

[Click image to enlarge]
CooperDragon

Postby vrenee1018 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:45 am

Awww.. Glad he's up and alert for your trip! Looks like a comfy little set-up he's got here 😊
vrenee1018
Juvie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 am

YES! I'm so happy for you liam I was really hoping it would work out.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby CooperDragon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:19 am

It's a nice day here so he's been getting lots of time outside to pancake in natural sun. I think he feels safer outside here than at home since there is a lot of tree cover (and no hospital helicopters constantly flying overhead). So far he has nabbed two (bees? some kind of flying insect) out of the air and munched on a patch of clover and some kind of weed/grass. Happy little guy today for sure!

[Click image to enlarge]
CooperDragon

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:00 am

He hasn't been eating much lately, but I came across sweet potato leaves at the public market last weekend. I haven't seen them before so I picked up a bunch to try. Good to have another variety to add to the mix =).
CooperDragon

Postby claudiusx » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:00 am

Interesting. Does he seem to like them?

I'm really interested in a "beardie garden" idea that I've been thinking up. Would be nice to have access to more items such as that for varieties sake. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for them if Darwin ends up liking them.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:07 am

I'm not sure yet. He hasn't come out of his hide today. I've been able to lure him out with worms recently, but that is a limited time treat for him. His BSFL have started hatching and he enjoys chasing the flies down too. Just no activity from him today except stink eye from the hide.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions