Heat spike! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night my girl laid very nice eggs and I had an incubator set up at 84 degrees, so I put them in. I got up this morning and the thermometer said it was 89 degrees. I almost screamed when I saw that and I immediately took the lid off to let out some hot air. Could that spike in temperature have killed all of the eggs? I heard they’re more resistant to harm when they’re freshly laid but I don’t know for sure. I’m so so scared that the eggs are goners now. Any help is greatly appreciated. I’m so so worried

Take a flashlight. It could be a normal one or a phone one. Put it up to your eggs and if you see vanes, the egg is fertile. If there are no vanes, its not fertile. Normally fertile eggs are pink-ish and infertile eggs are yellow. Crossing my fingers for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom