Help. Super Deep Breaths Through Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

CateAndMax

Can y’all watch this video I uploaded and tell me if this is normal or possibly shed some light on what’s going on? She started breathing this way a few hours ago. Not consistently, but every couple of minutes or so. I’d like to note a couple of things, which may or may not be important... 1) I gave her a small blueberry today (her first in a year or two, in which she practically swallowed whole). I then proceeded to give her three more small blueberries that I cut in half. She really loved them, so I cut up three more and put them in her collard green salad. She didn’t eat them right away as she was very comfortable on her hammock. After an hour or two, she got down and ate them out of her salad. 2) She started breathing like this a little while after eating the blueberries, not immediately. 3) The two minute video is the only time she had a dark beard. She doesn’t fancy having the camera in her face and me just anxiously staring at her. The second I stopped recording and held her and talked to her, she lightened up. 4) She’s sleeping on my chest now, but keeps waking herself up when the deep breaths come. Just deep breaths filling up her mouth until her little lips part and release the air. Does anyone else’s dragon do this sometimes? Is it normal? She’s done it before, but this time seems a little different and I’m a worrier. https://youtu.be/esUQZufqYQo

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The first video she looks a little anxious-- w/ half a black beard--- and then it looked like she hiccuped to me --- what is she doing today? The second video I didnt see anything out of the ordinary--
Karrie

CateAndMax

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1b9w3wwu said:
The first video she looks a little anxious-- w/ half a black beard--- and then it looked like she hiccuped to me --- what is she doing today? The second video I didnt see anything out of the ordinary--
Karrie

She seems like she’s doing okay today, but she just never breathes through her mouth like that or has her mouth open when she’s not regulating her temp in her basking spot. Other than the occasional deep silent breath through the nose, I usually can’t hear or hardly see her breathing. Is it normal for them to breathe like this from time to time?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure- what do you have in her tank for substrate?
Karrie

CateAndMax

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ba44u5y said:
I am not sure- what do you have in her tank for substrate?
Karrie

She has reptile carpet. She hasn’t done it again today, so I’m hoping that maybe it’s from eating those blueberries too fast after swallowing one whole? Idk.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so no dust-- some more experienced can watch and see what they think
Karrie

If you fed her seven blueberries in one day she was probably spazzing out from an exceedingly high blood sugar spike.
Blueberries are an occasional treat and should never be fed in this sort of quantity.

CateAndMax

Original Poster
HoopDiddyDiddy":n71myw20 said:
If you fed her seven blueberries in one day she was probably spazzing out from an exceedingly high blood sugar spike.
Blueberries are an occasional treat and should never be fed in this sort of quantity.

They were super small blueberries, but this is the first and only time in a couple of years that I’ve given them to her, so that makes sense. I’ll be sure to avoid feeding her more than one or two blueberries at a time in the future. She’s such a hungry little beast, that she would’ve eaten 50 if I let her. Thank you for the info and for replying! I appreciate you taking the time.

CateAndMax

Original Poster
ohitslexluthor":11etz45u said:
How old is she? She's a very beautiful dragon btw.
She’ll be four in November! And thank you! She can seriously “talk” me into anything with her cute face ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom