Gravid beardie won’t eat or lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
It’s been a month now she won’t eat and won’t lay her eggs. I went to a vet 3 weeks ago and got it confirmed that she’s going to lay. The outer shell hadn’t formed so they gave me liquid calcium for her. I gave it it to her every morning. I put her in her lay box and she just tries to escape. I have play sand in a 30 gal tote with her heat lamp on it. The sand is wet. She’s very hyper, running around the house. It’s starting to make me nervous. I’ve offered her 4 different types of feeders and many veggies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long have you been trying the lay box?
If your tank is big enough it might be better to try to find a way to make a lay box in her tank.

-Brandon

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1u1fiy9y said:
How long have you been trying the lay box?
If your tank is big enough it might be better to try to find a way to make a lay box in her tank.

-Brandon
I put it in her tank she didn’t even try scratching lol
I hope she eventually does.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is however, a good sign that she is active right now, even if she isn't eating. Hopefully she is
not egg bound. Has she turned her beard black or is it still normal colored for now?
Do you have any pictures of her we could see?
You could also get some non chemically treated potting soil to mix with the sand. Be sure that
the mix is not sopping wet, but damp enough to where she can dig & make a burrow without it
caving in on her.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3pyuppxz said:
Hello,

It is however, a good sign that she is active right now, even if she isn't eating. Hopefully she is
not egg bound. Has she turned her beard black or is it still normal colored for now?
Do you have any pictures of her we could see?
You could also get some non chemically treated potting soil to mix with the sand. Be sure that
the mix is not sopping wet, but damp enough to where she can dig & make a burrow without it
caving in on her.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

https://imgur.com/a/FPzWL5I

Here’s one I just took.
She still doesn’t want any of the food I’ve tried. I ordered some super worms to see if they will help lol
I also moved the damp sand into her tank.

Edit: I moved the sand from her lay box into half her tank at a slant like it was in the lay box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom