Arcadia heat lamp?

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Arcadia heat lamp?

Postby Cor » Tue May 21, 2019 9:17 am

So I saw the Arcadia heat bulb . I know Arcadia is supposed to be the best ever. Currently I have the repti basking bulb. Is this heat bulb that much better? The description sounds incredible. Does this replace the basking bulb is a better question too. http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/arcadi ... -110v-usa/
Cor
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Arcadia heat lamp?

Postby claudiusx » Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 am

For 30 bucks (plus shipping) it better last the "years" that it says it will. My basking bulbs cost me a total of probably 10 bucks a year, I really dont see how this bulb would be worth it unless it truly lasts for years.

Despite the fancy description, it doesnt do anything that a regular household bulb does except for more efficiently direct the heat.

That being said, I'd probably try it myself just to see. But not until one of my bulbs goes out.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby Cor » Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am

claudiusx wrote:For 30 bucks (plus shipping) it better last the "years" that it says it will. My basking bulbs cost me a total of probably 10 bucks a year, I really dont see how this bulb would be worth it unless it truly lasts for years.

Despite the fancy description, it doesnt do anything that a regular household bulb does except for more efficiently direct the heat.

That being said, I'd probably try it myself just to see. But not until one of my bulbs goes out.

-Brandon

Haha funny! Yeah they got me with the infra red skin heat absorption bit. Yeah I got a pack of 4 repti basking bulbs for 24 bucks and I'm still on my first. Don't want those to waste! But if my guy would be happier and healthier maybe.
Cor
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures