Little ADV pos Falkor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is little Falkor today?
Poor guy, he had a tantrum after his bath time & feeding?
I hope he does better, it has to be stressful on him with not being able to eat how he wants to
right now.
I hope he is having a good day today! Keep us updated on him. He is quite a trooper.

Tracie

Falkorsmom

Original Poster
His sores don’t look any better to me. He’s eating but minimally. I’m going to call the vet again and see about a bird antibiotic and more supplement powder to mix and syringe feed for him. I just feel bad him. He also looks like he’s about to shed his head so he’s just uncomfortable all around. The poor thing.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Darn, I really feel for the little guy. :( I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet but get some raw unpasteurized honey . It's a very powerful antimicrobial and at the least can help soothe the sores and boost his immune system a bit. Beardies usually like the taste as well. Just be sure it's unpasteurized.

Falkorsmom

Original Poster
I’ll get some honey today. Hopefully it’s easy to find unpasteurized. And I realized I put bird antibiotic instead of broad. Haha. Oops. He had a bath today before I left for work as well. I’m going to call the vet today as soon as I can. He’ll probably want to check the sores to make sure I’m not being a panicky dragon mom but I don’t think little Falkor’s immune system is strong enough to aid the oral gel? Any other ideas in the mean time?

Falkorsmom

Original Poster
Falkor had another vet appointment this morning. We came home with an anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic as well as more omnivore powder to help supplement lack of eating and help make sure he's fully hydrated. He will need a bath every day now for 15 minutes while he's on his medication, but that's ok, he doesn't seem to mind baths. He had his first round of meds today as soon as we got home, much to his disapproval, but hopefully it works. The vet said that topically, the sores looked better (pink now vs the dark red before), but he was concerned because they certainly hadn't gone down in size at all, so he thought the antibiotics and stuff would be the best path. Falkor will need a follow up appointment in 2 weeks when he's done with his medications. This little guy is definitely keeping me on my toes, but at least I won't have to struggle with opening his mouth since he handles the syringe MUCH better He also seemed pretty happy to have the omnivore supplement back in his life lol, but it could also be that he was happy to feel full again after so long of not really being able to eat! Cross your fingers that his sores go away!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom