Question about Chocolate (no I’m not feeding them it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banarang

Hello, does anyone here have experience with beardies eating chocolate?
What happened? Any symptoms? Did they die? How much chocolate killed them ( PS: if your beardie died from chocolate I’m sorry for your loss)?

I’m asking because I want to learn more about this (google isn’t helping me, just saying what to do if your dog swallows it xD)

I’m making sure if she does I know the symptoms, and how to treat it. Thank you

Banarang

Original Poster
I think you assume I’m feeding it to her, I’m not I just wanna know the symptoms and other stuff like that so if she does happen to eat any I can treat it

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think it's toxic to them (like it is to dogs) so you may not see immediate effects. The high sugar content would be a concern in the long term but I don't know that you'd see immediate symptoms compared to something toxic. Either way it's good to keep an activated charcoal kit on hand so you can administer it quickly if you think they have ingested something harmful. http://www.bug-de-lite.com/ccp8/Item/Emergency_Charcoal_Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom