what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie is acting normal and eating his normal amounts, poop is normal etc. but there is this dark patch on his back, and also a bit of yellow on the side. it seems like they’re might be stuck shed in the side as well. can anyone tell me what this is?
https://imgur.com/a/iHkNwrK

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Evan, how long have you had him and was he housed with another ? Poor little guy, he either got pooped on or much worse [ and probable ] he has yellow fungus which is very serious. Get some betadine to mix at 50 -50 with water and dab that on it to see it it will come off. If it's fungal, avoid soaking him because that can spread it. How is he set up + how's he eating ? Post pics of his set up, also a list of his lights + what he eats.

EvanAllen2

Original Poster
thank you for replying. i am actually unable to post pics of the set up at the moment because we took everything out to wash it down. so it is drying. but we usually have 2 basking spots for him, one gets to around 105 and the other stays around 95 but is closer to the heat lamp. the temp in the tank is around 90-95 on the hot side and 80 on the cool side. he eats fine, usually 15-20 large crickets/roaches per day, he eventually stops eating on his own. he poops daily and it looks normal as well. we use a coil 10.0 uvb bulb and a 150W heat bulb. we regularly clean the (40 gal) tank and bathe him, and his behavior/movement is fine. we got him from a country max who claimed he was around 5 months old, but he looked about 2 months. we’ve had him for 2 weeks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does looks somewhat like a fungal issue possibly.
I would recommend changing out your compact/coil UVB light to a tube bulb for a much better
UVB exposure for him. I suggest either the Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% either
of which are excellent bulbs.
That's great he is eating so well right now, he is a little cutie & has a lot of growing to do.
Be sure that the crickets are smaller than the space between his eyes, to avoid impaction issues.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom