Aggressive bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for a 3 month old vearded dragon to bite all the time? I’ve had her since she was a hatchling and handle her all the time. But it’s almost like she become more aggressive since I got her from the pet store!! I’m out of ideas on what to do and am struggling here, any advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What size tank do you have her in? Can you post pics of your tank and lighting- when someone says "pet store" we think the worst
thanks Karrie

Foxxy76

Also could you post your beardie's diet (crickets/roaches/greens) and supplement (calcium and vitamins) regiment? That might help too!

Piccassofantasy

Original Poster
Foxxy76":7bcfnje3 said:
Also could you post your beardie's diet (crickets/roaches/greens) and supplement (calcium and vitamins) regiment? That might help too!
My bearded dragon is given as many crickets as she can eat for about 5 minutes and a handful of greens everyday. Her living quarters aren’t the best, unfortunately I was told to put her in a sand substrate by the pet store (Living on the edge until I can afford to buy reptile carpet) and she is in a slightly big cage for her current size.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What size tank? Are you going to upgrade? Paper towels is better substrate than sand--- please dont get anymore advice from the petstore- these people kill more dragons than you know-- they dont know anything about them unless they actually own them and are experienced with them--- please post pics of your tank so we can better help you-- go to top of page click on User Image Unloader- down load pics-- click reply - go to top of message box click on XIMG - pics should post thank you

Karrie

Piccassofantasy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1louru27 said:
What size tank do you have her in? Can you post pics of your tank and lighting- when someone says "pet store" we think the worst
thanks Karrie
The pet store had her in a 10 gallon terrarium with 2 other babies. My little girl is missing 4 toes and the tip of her tail. They sold me one of those kits that has “everything” in it. I was super upset to find out that it was a $200 peice of junk, so I am slowly replacing stuff as I can afford to do so. She has three 150 watt UVB bulbs spread out at the top of her cage (currently working on replacing with a tube) and 98 degree basking spot (I tried keeping it at 115 but she refused to go over to the basking area) She’s very high maintence and starting to stress me out with her odd behavior, constant biting, and refusal to interact with her enviroment.

Piccassofantasy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mpgcy4z said:
What size tank? Are you going to upgrade? Paper towels is better substrate than sand--- please dont get anymore advice from the petstore- these people kill more dragons than you know-- they dont know anything about them unless they actually own them and are experienced with them--- please post pics of your tank so we can better help you-- go to top of page click on User Image Unloader- down load pics-- click reply - go to top of message box click on XIMG - pics should post thank you

Karrie
I am on vacation with my family and will try to get pictures of the tank when I go home tomorrow. Thank you so much for helping!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That tank is probably to hot--- you only need one basking spot 90-105--- ughhh - the petstore-- has done it again-- bad advice---- you need to get this for your beardie a UVB a Reptison 10.0 T 5 plus fixture or a Arcadia 10.0 T 5 both are very good if you get the T 8 it would need to be changed out every 6 months placed inside tank approx 10 -11 inches from basking spot for the T 5 ---6-8 inches for the T 8--- this is another reason for the agression--- but please get a infrared heat gun from Walmart or home Depot or Lowe's for around $10--- it will give you the most accurate basking temp-- once you get the lighting fixed in her tank you will see a big difference in her behavior--- tell your parents to shut those 150 bulbs off but leave basking one alone---- she's over heating!!!
Karrie

Piccassofantasy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":34ugc3v9 said:
That tank is probably to hot--- you only need one basking spot 90-105--- ughhh - the petstore-- has done it again-- bad advice---- you need to get this for your beardie a UVB a Reptison 10.0 T 5 plus fixture or a Arcadia 10.0 T 5 both are very good if you get the T 8 it would need to be changed out every 6 months placed inside tank approx 10 -11 inches from basking spot for the T 5 ---6-8 inches for the T 8--- this is another reason for the agression--- but please get a infrared heat gun from Walmart or home Depot or Lowe's for around $10--- it will give you the most accurate basking temp-- once you get the lighting fixed in her tank you will see a big difference in her behavior--- tell your parents to shut those 150 bulbs off but leave basking one alone---- she's over heating!!!
Karrie
Thank you!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She needs a cool side of tank around 80 and 70 at nite -- no lower than 65 at nite
Karrie

Piccassofantasy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2kyz30s7 said:
She needs a cool side of tank around 80 and 70 at nite -- no lower than 65 at nite
Karrie
She is much happier now, and did not bite me when I went to pick her up, She didn’t even darken her beard!! It was amazing, i don’t think I’ve ever seen her with anything but a fully black beard :)
102592-6042924612.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good to hear-- did you get the lighting replaced and fixed in her tank--- ? You will notice a big difference in her behavior w/ the correct lighting and she will be healthier--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom