KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes he is-- so innocent and so dependent on us to take care of them
Karrie

possumpeg

Original Poster
I am absolutely devastated to report that my dog ripped through the front of Chip's screen enclosure and attacked him. He didn't survive the encounter. My son and I were absolutely crushed. We were just starting to bond with Chip. My son always kept the dog out of his room to protect Chip, but he fell asleep and I wasn't home. My 13 yo son cried so hard and felt so awful for allowing it to happen. We can't even mention it without him breaking down.

We have invested so much time and money, that we both agreed we would like to adopt another baby, but only after I find an aquarium and stand to keep them fully protected. For this reason, I personally would never ever ever recommend a screen enclosure if you have other pets in the house. We thought we were being so careful, but we failed and it cost Chip his life.

I will keep up with the site, and do some more research as I prepare a new, SAFER, habitat before I get a new baby. I'm going to try to share pictures of the new set up as I get it together, to be sure its up to snuff before we pick a new friend.

I feel so terrible. I didn't ever think i could become so attached to a reptile, let alone one I had owned only a few weeks. I hope this will serve to warn others of the dangers of coexisting with several pets. :cry: :cry: :cry:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Omg-- that poor little baby- my heart goes out to you and your son- you might want to invest in a glass tank- I have a Zen habitat that has acrylic sliding doors and bamboo sides and back- I can't believe the dog would do that- I have 4 cats but they don't bother hiccup at all- of course he's never alone w/ them and have never jumped on his tank- again I am so sorry
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom