Adding to Encloser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
After friends learned of my recently acquired beardy baby, they were much more concerned with her Christmas presents than their own childrens (lol?) ... anyways. I found myself opening amazon packages to two items of questionable safety for going in my baby's tank. The first is a fake plant that Id assume something like a chameleon might enjoy. Viney, long, and certainly not meant for a mostly horizontal tank. But if there's no issue with it, I could make it work. The second is a corner hammock woven from seagrass (huh? K). Ive heard about spinal issues from lack of support or getting stuck in the weave. I cant post pictures but Ill tryn find some online.

Thoughts, etc? Thanks ahead of time

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
If the plant is a vine type one with green leafy leaves I wouldn’t use it because my boy had one and ate it! Luckily I was home and saw him sink his teeth into it and managed to get it off him but he obviously just thought it was greens he was meant to eat
As far as the seagrass hammock im eagerly awaiting replies here as I have the same question
I know the green mesh style ones are not recommended as dragons toes get stuck and nails torn off etc

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I've let my baby sit on/be around the plant while out of the tank with me. No attempts were made to eat it, but she licked it several times. That being said, she licks everything.
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/exo-terra-mandarin-jungle-plant

I think I'll try the hammock out myself. The only complaint I've seen is lack of support for their spine/muscles, which with good placement shouldnt be an issue. I've seen hammocks placed so that it's more like a platform than hanging and the dragons still enjoyed it.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Yeah I was picturing it hang tight not loose , more platform like.
The only thing I’d worry about is his nails would still be able to go into it and if one was slightly and he jumped off it the nail might not come with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom