Bearding Nipping At Thumb

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Bearding Nipping At Thumb

Postby Lilypad » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 pm

So my beardie, Deku, is currently 3 months old. She has always been a little uncomfortable with being handled so I try to keep it to a minimum as to not stress her out. I've never had any real problems though until recently??? Now when I hold her I think she has started to mistake my thumb for a worm and has taken to biting it. She's still young so the biting doesn't hurt but I do not want her to keep doing this. What is a way to help correct this behavior?
Lilypad
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Bearding Nipping At Thumb

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 am

Beardie can smell worm on the skin and hasn't yet learnt to distinguish fingers from food.

SHe's not doing this to hurt you or be aggressive, she's just hungry and confused.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior