Hammock or no...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/ha...gerandtrade-reptile-corner-hammock-50242.html

I saw that many people liked giving them hammocks and others gave good arguments for why you shouldn't. The above is example of one that a friend ordered (they ordered smaller size though because of a small tank for a baby dragon) and I'm concerned about the mixed reviews on having one for lizards. Could I get a second opinion from y'all?

I haven't used any hammocks in my beardie enclosure, personnally. She's a little clumsy and lazy, I wouldn't want to take the chance. But I've seen many people on youtube who use them. I suppose it depends on your beardie and what type of material it's made out of, also how high it would be.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
It would only be a couple inches high. My baby isnt necessarily clumsy but she jumps off her log often. I just noticed that link is dead so Ill find a working one and list the material.

EDIT: made from seagrass (?)

EDIT 2: she jumps off the log where she basks into the glass. Whenever she does this, I take her out for a bit. I assume its either too much pent up energy or her reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom