Baby Bearded dragon shedding help?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Baby Bearded dragon shedding help?

Postby Jamesdanny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Help!
I got a baby bearded dragon last Friday he/she is around 2 months.
When I got them there tail was dullish now a week later it is very "bright" white.
I know this is shedding but I've never seen just their tail take so long to get to this point.
It hasn't even started to peel no signs it's going to either.
Just nervous! Someone help!?

I've attached a picture from today if you can zoom In and have a look?

Cheers guys!!
Jamesdanny
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Baby Bearded dragon shedding help?

Postby Hikari » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Looks like shed to me. It takes my little one forever to shed too. It also isn't all at once (back end first, then arms, then body). Just give it some more time, it should shed off. You could try a bath to help ease the process too, but even without baths, my beardie sheds fine.
Hikari
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:56 pm

If it's taking a long time for an area to shed, a soak in luke warm water (about 32 degC) in a VERY SHALLOW tub , water no deeper than beardie's waist , this can help loosen up the old skin.

If the problem area is on the back , a soaked piece of paper towel can be placed on the area and left there to help soak the old skin and maybe loosen it up.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby Jamesdanny » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:07 am

Cheers guys!

Still no sign of peeling yet! Have been giving baths everyday. The end of the tail seems to be getting darker. His head peeled today bless him. Just hope his tail will hurry up just worried. It never takes this long in my experience!
Jamesdanny
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health