Beardies head and feet have a pink tinge

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Beardies head and feet have a pink tinge

Postby Moustachetash » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 am

My bearded dragon Nova is 2 years old, she has recently gotten a pink tinge on her head and feet as well as some discolouration on her legs and tail. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if there is something wrong. She has also been acting a little different such as flinching when touched. Does anyone have any ideas?
Moustachetash
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardies head and feet have a pink tinge

Postby destiny1998 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi. Can you post pictures?
destiny1998
Extreme Poster

Postby Moustachetash » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:05 pm

I'm sorry I don't currently have any photographs as away from my beardie for the best few days.
Moustachetash
Newbie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:42 am

Are you by chance using a red colored sand?
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Moustachetash » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:49 am

No i use woodchipings for substrate, her colour seems to be returning to normal now after she shed her skin.
Moustachetash
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello,

Without pictures, it's hard to evaluate completely but it sounded like a shed. LOL
As for the wood chippings, I usually recommend not using loose substrates because of the
hazards of impactions. Plus, it is pretty hard to keep it clean & free of bacteria & dust.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Gormagon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Not to mention wood chips are also a choke hazard.
Rough textured floor tile, paper towels, nonadhesive shelf liner or newsprint, are much better for the health of your dragon. All of these are easy to clean and maintain, hence bacteria and, fungus are kept at bay.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health