Smelly and Runny poo

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Smelly and Runny poo

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:47 am

Hiccups poo is runny w/ a constancy and it smells to high heaven!! It has constancy w/ water running from it- he is eating dubias, nutri grubs, butter worms, super worms, and horn worms- the dubias are the main course w/ nutri grubs in his greens collard and mustard, one horn worm per day 3 super worms per day and 2 butter worms in his greens per day- what is causing the smell so bad?

Karrie
KarrieRee
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Smelly and Runny poo

Postby AHBD » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi Karrie, sometimes it is what it is, lots of variety in the diet can cause this but if you want to rule out parasites you can have a fecal test done by a qualified reptile vet.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Yes I plan to take him in next month before the cold sets in-- just for a check up and I am taking a sample in of his fecal this time as well -- I think for the most part hes pretty healthy he looks real good and hes active but he does seem to take naps during the day after basking for a while - I am assuming thats normal for them to take naps- hes 7 months not 6 like I thought -- and his poo has some consistency -- both dark and white urate w/ water - I am assuming from the roachs- I am feeding them carrots -- some apple
KarrieRee
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Sounds reasonable. :) Post a pic next time , just so we can see if it looks within the normal range since a well hydrated beardie will expel some water with a poo.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Please look at Hiccup he has gained weight but he is not eating like I think he should be eating- I weighed him today and he has gained some - last I weighed him which was about the middle of August he was at 198 grams today he is at 221 grams- he seems to stop eating at around 6 roaches I think I really havent counted them tomorrow I am going to keep count - he eats those butter worms 3/ day - 1 hornworm and 4 super worms / day- this morning he was actually in his food cup eating greens- what do you think- he is pooping on a reg basis and he is very energetic- roaches are dusted every day and he gets Vitamins 2 times / week - basking temp in around 97-106 depending on how warm my room is and cool side is around 72 at nite and day around 80 [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
KarrieRee
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 pm

He looks good. Nice bright colors. He is alert and it's good that he is energetic. Looks like maybe a shed about to start on his arm.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 pm

Yes his back legs too - he had a body shed here around mid Aug or so -- and last I measured he was at 16" -- today I didnt measure him -
KarrieRee
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health