Beardie won’t eat any veg

Status
Not open for further replies.

slewis

Hi

I’ve had my Bearded Dragon for about 2 1/2 years. Over the last 8 months he has refused to eat any veg. I’ve tried lots of different types and tried moving it around to encourage him to eat. I’ve tried various dried greens from pet shops and even grown my own Dandelions. I have had him checked at the vets, health wise he appears okay. Temps in the Viv are fine and the lights are changed every 4 months. I have now resorted to popping some greens in his mouth along with a locust, however it is a bit of an ordeal.

Any suggestions what might help?

Will it effect his health long term if you doesn’t have any greens?

Also, he never poops by himself now. I have to give him a warm bath, is this a problem? Is this because of the lack of veg?

I’d really appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks so much.

Sally

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How often do you offer him food? Does he eat anything else during this time? Keep a close eye on his weight. That should remain stable if his metabolism is slowed down. Is he alert and active? Or is he acting sleepy?

slewis

Original Poster
I feed him locusts every 2-3 day and offer him veg most days. He sometimes eats butternut. His weight has been stable. He is a bit inactivate but he has always been a bit lazy. He will run around when I get him out.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try cutting back on the locusts a bit and see if he gets more interested in veges. It's good that his weight is stable so maybe try just one bug meal per week for a bit and see if that does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom