lethargic but no obvious reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Hi it's probably nothing but the last few weeks my little 18 month old girl has been very lethargic. She has the right temps, right UV and changed in May, lights are on 15 hours per day, it's warm outside (August here) she's pooping as regular as normal (about every 2 weeks which is normal for her) but she's very lethargic. This isn't to say she isn't alert or bright (she knows exactly what's going on in the room, she looks over whenever there's movement etc) she just barely moves and seems to want to sleep 90% of the day. She's not basked in ages and when I have her out in the day she'll only have a quick walk then either find a dark corner to again sleep or ask to go back in her viv except at night when she'll just snuggle as usual. She's not exploring at all I've even left the door open to a room she's not been in before to try and tempt her. She's not losing weight and is eating but not hunting she'll eat her greens if I put her near her bowl or will eat locusts/supers if I hand them to her but she wont chase them at all. I figure she's not impacted or wouldn't be pooping and her substrate is tiles so it's not like she's eaten anything like calci sand, it's completely the wrong season for brumation so that can't be it. Is it possible I got a bad UV and it's died early? I thought they should last at least 6 months but the only other time she's been like his is when I had a poor quality UVB in. The only other thing I can think of is dehydration as she never drinks even when I drop water on her nose except very occasionally when I trick her by dunking my hand in water and then waiting for her to lick it!! Anyway I'm not immediately concerned as she does genuinely seem healthy but is there anything I can do to help her wake up a bit more?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she's trying to brumate, especially if she isn't losing weight. A lot of them are starting to brumate now for some reason. I'm not sure what the trigger is exactly but it's not directly weather related.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":ngfzxyx0 said:
It sounds like she's trying to brumate, especially if she isn't losing weight. A lot of them are starting to brumate now for some reason. I'm not sure what the trigger is exactly but it's not directly weather related.

Strange I really thought that was just a cold weather/winter thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom