Gravid Female Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scox218

So my girl beardie (Sevyn) age ? Estimated around 9-10 months . I got her as a baby in September from a breeeder (reptile show) . She totally caught me by surprise sort of the breeder told me she was a female but the way my male beardie responded to her it definitely didn’t give me that vibe . She laid eggs on June 8th , was a one day process . She started to go back eating like normal few days after . Today I wake up to see she laid one egg . Yes I wanna say maybe a week she stopped eating but she wasn’t showing no signs that she was gravid . She sometimes gets moody when she’s shedding and won’t eat at all . My question is .. is this normal ? How many times do they get gravid without mating . Also is there a possibility that she had this egg in her since last time ? I mean it came out perfectly shaped not dented at all or is she about to lay more and I should get her lay box ready

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They do develop eggs without mating, yes, all of the time. They can retain eggs for periods
of time, then lay them later. Since she has already laid one egg, I would definitely make a
laybox for her though, in case she is needing to lay more. How many eggs did she lay in June?
A lot of them do tend to get moody when they are shedding & don't eat much at all.
Be sure she stays hydrated & gets adequate calcium, also.
How is her appetite, hit & miss?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom