Can anyone recommend a decent humidifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arirang

Hello, all!

I'm looking for a decent, high-output vivarium humidifier. No, this isn't for my beardie- it's for my hermit crabs. Sometimes, spritzing just isn't enough during the day. I figured I would ask here since there are no good active crabber forums, and I figure someone here has a pet that needs high humidity.

I look at the ZooMed ReptiFog and the reviews it got were abysmal, especially considering its high price-point. I intend to change substrates a bit at my next bedding change, but would like a technological upgrade. Here are my criteria:

Cheap

High-capacity (able to keep 80% humidity for at least nine hours)

Long-lasting

Preferably available at one of the major brick-and-mortar retailers as I do not shop online (If anyone knows something that PetSmart carries, that'd be best because of my employee discount- My store only carries ReptiFog.)

Compact size- this and long-lasting are the highest criteria.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I use a crane humidifier, the one that looks like an elephant. The outlet hole, with the cap off, fits a 1.5” diameter hose snugly. The switch on this model doesn’t reset when it’s powered off so you could run it off a timer or an on/off humidistat. The base is pretty easy to clean and the tank is big enough that it lasts a while. For me a couple days to a week depending on time of year. If you run it full blast constantly it lasts about 8hr, much longer at lower settings or intermittently.

https://www.google.com/amp/skies-of-salt.tumblr.com/post/169099466823/reptile-fogger-hack-crane-elephant-humidifier/amp

Arirang

Original Poster
That's actually a really cute idea... I'll see if I can get one of those at Bed, Bath & Beyond or something. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom