Limping on right front leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjacksy

Pure unsweetened prune fruit- supposively a reptile laxative*
Update- she can use her front left and back right leg. There is something going on with the front right and back left so we will be taking her to the vet soon, along with putting the uvb inside her tank.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
bjacksy":30f6zoin said:
100005-9930797028.jpg

sorry about the poop, and yes I need to change the greens
I'd Also ditch the wood chips substrate since if your beardie eats some it can cause impaction and pressure on the spine. Here's a post with other reasons to not have particle substrates: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=243890#p1857889

-HippieLizards.

bjacksy

HippieLizards":3qid4q1c said:
bjacksy":3qid4q1c said:
100005-9930797028.jpg

sorry about the poop, and yes I need to change the greens
I'd Also ditch the wood chips substrate since if your beardie eats some it can cause impaction and pressure on the spine. Here's a post with other reasons to not have particle substrates: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=243890#p1857889

-HippieLizards.

I don’t have wood chips.? I have carpet. Do you know how to post pics, so then I can show more pics of my lizard and her set up? I know I posted the one pic but I don’t know how To do a second

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
You sure? That looks like wood chips to me. :? Lol sorry, and This is how to post pictures: https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ upload your photo then go to the desired page and hit the reply button and look for the XIMG button and it should show your pictures.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol I looked at it closer.. it is carpet.. Lol my bad! :oops: :lol:

bjacksy

HippieLizards":i1zcp8mg said:
Lol I looked at it closer.. it is carpet.. Lol my bad! :oops: :lol:

It’s ok! Yeah when I post pics I’ll show a close up at the carpet. Do you know the carpet where it’s got like frills? I’m bad at explaining things. Lol. But did you read my posts before, do you think that will be ok?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If the fibres in the carpet consist of lots of loops = BAD = snagging hazard for a dragon's nails. I think this is referred to as LOOP PILE.

bjacksy

kingofnobbys":27dfxiq1 said:
If the fibres in the carpet consist of lots of loops = BAD = snagging hazard for a dragon's nails. I think this is referred to as LOOP PILE.

It doesn’t consist of loops. Not trying to be rude. I’ll take a better pic and show you the carpet. We are planning on taking her to the vet in a few days. I’m hoping she will be ok

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, a Loop pile carpet wouldn't be good (With the reasons Nobbys listed below). If you have your heart set on carpet do on that's flat and smooth without any loose threads that could wrap around toes or tails and cut off circulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom