Bee Pollen and Grapefruit Seed Extract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at some natural supplements to put into my beardies diet. She has recently been treated for worms and I have been doing some research on some natural supplements that will help boost their immune systems and generally look after them in the long term.

Two of the main things that I have come across is Bee pollen and grapefruit seed extract. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using either of these. How often / How much do you give your dragons and would you say they are a worthwhile investment.

I should also add I have had her on a probiotic whilst she was on the dewormer, but if there was any natural supplements that would help her that would be great.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bee Pollen is a great supplement to give to help with immune system function & appetite
stimulation. I use this for our two pretty routinely as do a lot of other people.
I haven't used grapefruit seed extract but know people who have used it for help with the
immune system. It seems to offer help combating infections, too.
There are no set doses since they are supplements but are both safe enough to use daily or
every other day. Just a small pinch of powder sprinkled on their greens would be just fine.
Or if you syringe feed some, then you can mix it in with the food.
Which probiotic have you used for her? Is she done with the dewormer treatments?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

sparkybeardyandme

Original Poster
Hi Tracie thanks for replying,

She has finished her worming treatment, she was on panacur. The probiotic is bene-bac plus. I had a little scroll through the forum and that seemed to be the one that was recommended the most. She seems to have got on well with it and it didn't put her off her food or anything.

I have noticed a slight change in her behavior recently though, whenever she is out of the viv she seems very skittish, like she's had a fright so I don't know if the deworming has scared her a bit or quite what has happened. She's fine being held, is eating, pooping and all the other things we like to see. But just seems a little scared so I'm taking things back a bit and only letting her out of her viv for shorter periods of time to readjust her again. They are funny little things.

I think I am going to get some bee pollen extract and see what she thinks. Certainly can't do any harm as you say.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom