How to own a male and Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about buying this beardie from a friend who’s getting rid of him, I already have a female. They will be in separate tanks and everting but I’m wondering if I should put him in a separate room. If he sees my girl mushu across the room with that stress him out and bother him all the time?? Thank you

MissCutiePatootie

Hatchling Member
It could, yes. They can smell each other in the same room even if they can't visual see the other, they'll know the other is there. It could cause them to be a bit rowdy and stress them out sometimes. It can vary from situation. I've heard of it causing stress related issues for the dragons and I've also seen people do it without much issue. Probably best to keep them in separate rooms if you are able to. =]

On another note, there is a virus known as adeno virus that is very easily spread from dragon to dragon and has the ability to make dragons severely ill and is fatal. It's best to wash very well before and after handling each dragon or any of their things and keep them in separate rooms paying close attention to cross contamination and quarantine the new dragon for at least 6 months and have it tested for the adeno virus. Some dragons can appear completely healthy for a long time and then suddenly get sick due to the virus for no apparent reason. Other non-carrier dragons can fall ill very quickly and pass away when it takes hold of them. It's best to be safe than sorry I'll say.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yes - so long as they don't come out for fun on the floor together, and they don't have line of sight of each other all day every day.

Best solution is to stack the tanks so the male is in the higher tank , and the female is in the lower tank, you can enjoy watching their antics when the boy see's the girl in her tank when he's on the floor , he's display by headbanging at her and trying to court her (especially in season) while she'll either "play hard to get" and ignore him and be cool as a cucumber , or she'll do the armwaves and press-ups and slow headnods back to him if she fancies him.

Best not to let them be out together , as the boy will be on the girl like greased lightning and wanting to mate with her..

If you adopt the boy, strict quaranteen for him from her for at least 3 months (no physical contact) and you need to use F10 handwipes if you have handled him before touching her or her food or any of her furnature (to ensure you do not pass any nasty parasites, bacteria, viruses, or fungi spore from him to her.

Besrdielover1

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3r257pdp said:
Yes - so long as they don't come out for fun on the floor together, and they don't have line of sight of each other all day every day.

Best solution is to stack the tanks so the male is in the higher tank , and the female is in the lower tank, you can enjoy watching their antics when the boy see's the girl in her tank when he's on the floor , he's display by headbanging at her and trying to court her (especially in season) while she'll either "play hard to get" and ignore him and be cool as a cucumber , or she'll do the armwaves and press-ups and slow headnods back to him if she fancies him.

Best not to let them be out together , as the boy will be on the girl like greased lightning and wanting to mate with her..

If you adopt the boy, strict quaranteen for him from her for at least 3 months (no physical contact) and you need to use F10 handwipes if you have handled him before touching her or her food or any of her furnature (to ensure you do not pass any nasty parasites, bacteria, viruses, or fungi spore from him to her.
Should I be looking for anything when I quarantine him??

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Besrdielover1":3q9x7b8w said:
kingofnobbys":3q9x7b8w said:

Should I be looking for anything when I quarantine him??

Wellness ….

A vet wellness assessment wont go astray before he joins your family …. that way you have a base line to work from .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom