Complete Remodel! Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeaston16

So I have a standard front opening bearded dragon cage for my baby Grimsby. Lately, I have just been bored with the set up of his cage, and I'm starting to feel that he is bored with the setup too. So I am going to completely redo everything, but at the same time try and not go broke.

I need help with the carpeting aspect of this build. I have been using carpet since the beginning, but it just stinks. I change it and thoroughly was it every week but it just doesn't work very well and I end up wasting money buying new ones every other month. What flooring can work besides carpet? I was thinking makes tiles all along the bottom, but then I'm wondering if it will be too slippery? I saw a different type of carpeting that looked like it was rocking on a mat and that seemed interesting.

I also want to add a section for sand, I know it can cause impaction but I will not feed or put any food in this section. Thoughts?

Also, are there any way i could add a second story?

Feel free to put pictures in the comments on how you set up your enclosure and what your thoughts are! thank you

Check out my animal care website *More articles to be posted - www.houseofmanytails.com

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I had the carpet for a while. 2, one to wash while the other being used. I switched over to non adhesive shelf liner. It’s so much easier & bugs can’t get under it. Very inexpensive, you can pick up a roll at Walmart or Bed Bath & Beyond.

karbock

eeaston16":1f66m1fj said:

Self adhesive bed liner as he said above. Or the tile. If you get a good rough slate it wont be slippery at all. And tile is sometimes actually even cheaper than the liner. By me i can get them 12x12 3/4 inch thick rough slate for $0.75 each. So in total depending on size of your tank it should be cheap if you look. As for decor. Amazon has these 5 packs of branches for like 5-10 dollars depending on what you want. They are small branches but for that price add some character. The half log hides are cheap. You can find the fake artifical plants at a crafts store or on ebay and amazon for a few dollars for alot of fake plant that you can cut and hang up around your tank if your going for jungle/plant look. Some of my things in my tank i find at lakes and stuff. Just make sure you sanatize if correctly. I followed a tutorial. Just look up how to sanatize (object) for reptile terrarium. The hammocks on amazon made from the natural seagrass fibers are large for only $9, and the xl one for around $15. The are huge hammocks and make a great basking spot or im making a total second level in my tank with 4 of the xl combined, and another one as a ramp. They will be ziptied together, and suction cupped where necassary to prevent sagging and hold up weight. So if you put $20 in hammocks you can make a cool upper basking level. Its alot of searching and you will find the right deals. Let me know if you have more questions. Im making my ball python tank on a budget right now too so i can send you over some links if you need. Good Luck.

eeaston16

Original Poster
what are your thoughts on mulch in enclosure? I personally love the idea but on other forum posts everyone is saying that it is pretty much a death sentence. Personally I think that is a little dramatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom