120 gallon terrariums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! My bearded dragon, Sobek is approaching 1 foot in length. I wish to get him a 120 gallon terrarium but I can't seem to find one as many people keep them in 40 gallon terrarium readily available at pet stores. Does anyone know about a trusted site where I can buy Sobek a terrarium? Thank you.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Animal plastics has a 48x24x24 PVC enclosure, so basically 120 gallons. Its listened as the T12 on their site and the base price is 339. Only add ons you'd probably need is the $20 dollar florescent fixture, and 8" or 20" screens for the heat lamp. 20" costs $20, and the 8" costs 15.
Theres other add on's but the ones I listed above are probably the only truly needed ones.
Shipping costs depend on location and how it needs to be shipped.

You can also get it costume built if you want more height, length or width.
I'm getting a 8x3x3 enclosure with a substrate lip of 12" for my tegu soon, the substrate lip is basically free from what they have told me. However with a beardie that should be on a substrate of tile, paper towels, non adhesive shelf liner or reptile carpet it doesn't really need to be high like that of a active large burrowing species.
I believe the regular substrate lip is around 4 inches tall.

Also 40 gallons are the BARE BONE minimum, basically meaning they shouldn't be kept in it all their life and is only a temporary enclosure as it doesn't provide all that they need. A enclosure thats 75 gallons basically is the true minimum, though 120 gallons or 4x2x2 would also be considered the minimum as well.

You can also build one from plywood or melamine.

http://www.apcages.com/home/ - Animal plastics website.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I have found that craigslist has tons of 120 gal terrariums for great prices

I hope you find one for a good price! and I hope your dragon will enjoy the space! :blob5:

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Your very welcome. :D

-HippieLizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom