How long can my beardie go without a heat lamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easton7715

I have a 11th month old bearded dragon I am going on a summer trip to my dad's house I'm going to have to go on a plane and I would like to take my bearded dragon so I purchased a cat carrier and I was wondering how long can a bearded dragon go without heat since I'm going to be on an airplane I already have a tank they are so I don't have to worry about that thanks in advance for your answers.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Assuming it's only going to be a few hours I wouldn't worry too much unless its probably a 5+ hour flight and its below 65 in the plane.
I'd see about getting some hand warmers which can be used to keep your reptile warm to an extent during this time, they also work quite well when the power goes out in winter. Just make sure to have a towel or blanket wrapped around it as they can get fairly hot. The brand I use which is hothands can get up to around 135*F.

Easton7715

Original Poster
I usually fly out of Atlanta to Boston Massachusetts or Bangor Maine so my total trip time is 5 + hours.
But I agree the hand warmer idea is a great idea thank you for your feedback.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, have you checked with the airlines about taking your beardie ? Most flights don't allow any animals and if it's claimed to be a support animal they are getting more strict about proper vet check before + proper paperwork.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I was going to comment on the same thing as AHBD, you absolutely must check with the specific airline you're flying with prior to the flight, as most all airlines are requiring pets to be put in the cargo area. The few airlines that do still allow you to bring a pet on board with you have to be in a very specific size of carrier that is put under the seat, but they usually have to be certified/licensed animals with papers showing they are necessary for the owner to travel with medically. They've all stopped allowing small animals now, I had a cousin actually choose to not go on a vacation because US Air, which had previously allowed him to bring his cat in a carrier under the seat several times before, told him at the airport that he had to now be some kind of specially licensed kind of "Support Pet", I don't know the specifics on that, but even the carrier that he had used several times before for him on US Air was now not allowed...This was going from Pittsburgh to Charlotte to Atlanta on US AIr in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom