10 months and only 45 grams! ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphin3501

Alright, so, my college biology teacher has two bearded dragons that we're concerned about.

The one is about 10 months old and a shocking 45 grams! He's being fed enough to sustain a normal weight but just seems WAY too thin for his age!

Any help, advice, or suggestions are extremely appreciated!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's incredibly small for a 10 month old. What is his diet and how much is he eating? Can you provide photos or tell me more about the size of his enclosure and the lighting that is being used?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Are the 2 dragons being housed together? And is anyone actually seeing this dragon eat the "food", or is the food just disappearing?

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
I've started to chart the growth of my Iggy lately, of which you can see below, and he is approximately 7 months old. Despite the younger age he weighed a whopping 210 grams as of yesterday in comparison to what your poor Dragon weighs right now! Just how certain are you that the scales are giving you a correct measurement? Can you weigh something with a known value, like taring off a cup and adding 100 mL of water to see what values you get, for example? Some lengthwise measurements from the snout-tip to the vent would also be helpful for us in determining the actual health of your Dragon, so please provide those. As CooperDragon also stated, photos would be immensely helpful too.

95175-7075059283.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It does happen more than it should, beardies are severely stunted by lack of proper lighting and food.

dolphin3501

Original Poster
CooperDragon":hkpiz51f said:
Yeah that's incredibly small for a 10 month old. What is his diet and how much is he eating? Can you provide photos or tell me more about the size of his enclosure and the lighting that is being used?
please understand that i'm not liable for this bearded dragon as i have my own who is 3 months and 130 grams (extremely healthy) i'm trying to get my professor to understand he's damaging their health and they definitely need help.

its a 55gal with a large uvb light - i would say the basking temp is a bit low though in my opinion. he's feed a mix of bearded dragon food (store bought - which i disagree with), a vegetable mixture, mealworms, crickets. He says he goes through 100 a week between the two - but i go through 100 with only my one beardie!

dolphin3501

Original Poster
EllenD":3jrd2nvg said:
Are the 2 dragons being housed together? And is anyone actually seeing this dragon eat the "food", or is the food just disappearing?
please understand that i'm not liable for this bearded dragon as i have my own who is 3 months and 130 grams (extremely healthy) i'm trying to get my professor to understand he's damaging their health and they definitely need help.

- i've seen them eat, when i'm in their and he just fed them - but supposedly he feeds them before classes begin (aka early morning) - but i feed mine twice a day, he apparently only does once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom